Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any reason to not build a custom 2011 for range use?

lrdchaos

I've looked at a number of pistols and have pretty much decided to build a custom limited through Akai or Cheely. Other than the cost, is there any reason no to build a custom to shoot for the next couple of years before I pass it down to my son?

I've looked at a number of pistols and have pretty much decided to build a custom limited through Akai or Cheely. Other than the cost, is there any reason no to build a custom to shoot for the next couple of years before I pass it down to my son?

Father!

I think it's a great idea -- sure it will be expensive and some may question why it's necessary, but why do non professional drivers buy a Ferrari, or any high end sports car? If they want it and enjoy it I say go for it!

Sure. Guns hold their value pretty good - particularly 2011's. I say go for it.

It's kinda depressing compared to my other hobby - computer gaming, where you can build a $1500 system and in 8 years it's hard to find someone that would take it off your hands for $100.

Well I mixed it up a little. I picked up a new in Box Sig X5 Black and White for a smoking deal. The 2011 will have to wait 9-10 months, But I think I will enjoy the X5 for the time being.

Enjoy. You picked up a winner. Post some pics when you can so we can drool.