Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Okay, first I was going to complain that there was no "2017 World Shoot Revolver Team" listed here,

http://www.multibriefs.com/briefs/uspsa/uspsa082015.php

But then I looked up the location for the World shoot, France,

maybe that's a good thing they don't want us there.

Already emailed HQ to see why the slight, thought with all the new 8 shot shooters we'd at least get

an honorable mention !

Hey !?! It would give us a chance to break out the 6 shooters again wouldn't it ??

(too lazy to look up what IPSC shoots for revo's these days)

Stirring the pot as always, later.

And no Ladies Production or Standard teams either, they won Bronze and Gold respectively at the last WS.

Yes, but let's not forget that those are CATEGORIES. USPSA should field teams for all divisions (that are equivalent to IPSC Divisions) first and foremost--including Revolver Division--and only then consider whether resources are available for the various categories.

Is there a limit on how many teams we can field?

One team per division/category up to the number of slots that we are assigned.

So why do you suppose we're not fielding a team in all divisions?

60 slots per region is what someone posted on doodie.

I am taking it this is a financial decision though, sending 60 shooters to europe for a match is alot of money.

And no Ladies Production or Standard teams either, they won Bronze and Gold respectively at the last WS.

Yes, but let's not forget that those are CATEGORIES. USPSA should field teams for all divisions (that are equivalent to IPSC Divisions) first and foremost--including Revolver Division--and only then consider whether resources are available for the various categories.

Yeah, this is pretty damn weak not including the division.

Only some of the teams receive funding. Individuals will not receive funding, based on the listing in the announcement it is likely that only those six teams mentioned will receive any funding from USPSA and even that is not guaranteed.

Not all costs will be met by USPSA either, the money that is allowed to those team members may not necessarily meet the full costs of the trip.

Edited by BritinUSA

Funding a revolver team seems to make more sense than a category team. Though for some of the categories, youre pretty much guaranteed a team medal if you field a team, so there is that...

Edited by gose

The self-funded US Revolver teams have won every World Shoot team event in recent history!

When I was named for the Revo team for the World Shoot in Greece, I wasn't even so much as offered a free shirt. In fact, the people at Tech-Wear even made me pay for a shirt that I never received when I was forced to back out due to work conflicts.

Meanwhile, competitors in the sponsored teams were given $3000 apiece to help cover expenses.

I acknowledge that Revo Division has far fewer shooters in the US. But there are more wheelgunners than ladies and juniors, by a good margin. Divisions should always receive support ahead of categories.

Australia only had 3 revolver shooters at our nationals. How many do you guys get?

106 in a stand alone Nationals, the previous 2 years it was 117+.

Before that with it being 1 of 3 Divisions it was between 25-45.