Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mount holster on new els belt

What's the best way to mount a holster to my new els belt. I'm told the els clips are too weak and I don't want to drill holes in it to use the qls. Does anyone know if the large bladetech tmms will bolt on the els belt? What do you guys think?

Is removable a must? I have mine on a tek-lok and Invictus practical DOS bracket. Generally I bag my pistol until I'm on deck so there's minimal to no weight and the holster is rarely if ever in the way. Worst case you could pull the tek-lok if there was a stage where it would be in the way.

The QLS works on the belt without making any new holes. I will take a picture next time I head upstairs

Ditto on the QLS mount, very solid and flexible. I did add the Invictus drop when I switched from a standard M&P to an M&P Pro to give me a little more room to clear the longer muzzle when I draw. Invictus is really well made stuff.

A picture would be awesome. I was told the invictus hanger was angled a little funny and would wobble or move a lot while moving and drawing. Stoegers pro shop is making a boss holster to fit the QLS so that's what I will get when it comes out

• 3 weeks later...

I use a teklok on the belt with an attached QLS receiver plate.

Those holes line right up and it allows you to slide the holster a little forward or back if you need. Plus the teklok can come off quickly if needed - I have an old man mountain caddy that I could slide on in its place if I really needed extra slugs or something, but I've never had to do that.

Edited by DocHolliday1

I have both my 014 race holster and blade tech holster mounted on my els belt with the clips without issue. i use the 014 for steel challenge (40 draws per match plus 5x/week dry fire) for the past year without issue ....

I was told the invictus hanger was angled a little funny and would wobble or move a lot while moving and drawing.

You can bend the hanger a bit to better match your draw stroke. It does wobble around........but that is due to the floppy ELS belt and less-than-optimal velcro that Safariland uses.

Since switching to a DAA belt (using ELS and QLS brackets on it), the hanger works very well and doesn't wobble around. The DAA or CR Speed belts are much stiffer (and better velcro) than the Safariland belt.