Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carry Optic /Production Optic guns

terrydoc

Just got my carry optic gun this week and shot it yesterday. I love this new division. Hope it becomes a permanent thing.

This is a G23 that I used for IDPA SSP and USPSA Production. I didn't shoot it much anymore, so I sent it off to Grizz Precision to have the optic cut and Cerakote finish.

G23-RMR.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

^^That's what I was thinking. Figured a 6-7 would be the about right. Although how much of the target does a 6moa dot fill at 25 yards?

1.5 inches (1.57 if you want to be precise).

6moa is (6 x 1.047") at 100 yards, so to determine what it is at 25 just divide it by 4.

Edited by BritinUSA

I decided to try my hand at stippling the gun, and I added a front sight to help find the dot faster for when I get a bad grip on the gun. The front sight barely sticks up high enough to be seen through the lens, but once I find the dot it should not distract too badly.

G23Stipp-RMR.jpg

Edited by splashdown

• 1 month later...

I just got my Glock 19 with a Burris FastFire III slide melt back from Lone Wolf. They did an awesome job and even recessed the slide for the forward light sensor of the FastFire (in less than a two week turn around time!). It will be nice to actually shoot my carry gun in competition

post-22148-0-67419900-1447607789_thumb.j

post-22148-0-60210600-1447608111_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to try my hand at stippling the gun, and I added a front sight to help find the dot faster for when I get a bad grip on the gun. The front sight barely sticks up high enough to be seen through the lens, but once I find the dot it should not distract too badly.

G23Stipp-RMR.jpg

I find it funny that I recognized this gun immediately! I just saw your last episode and recognized the gun from the stippling's border lines. Then I checked...yep, G23. Then I checked your signature line...sure 'nuff.

Love your work on the show! And pretty good stippling work, especially if you are satisfied with how it feels.

I just sent in an email to Grizz to ask for their charges. I can't seem to find that price on their site.

Edited by CHLChris

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...