Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The one drill that made a difference for you.

johniac7078

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scrambler drill.

please explain ...?

Two boxes, wall or sticks to define two shooting areas. One target centred. Move side to side shooting only one round. Hit or miss move to other side. Need 10 hits. I do 15 yards for pistol and shotgun, 100 yards for rifle. I started with a 10" plate and dropped to 8 and now a skinny Sammy. Teaches you to respect all the necessary skills except splits.

That a good drill, I use a popper at 20 yards set up so it wont fall and two shooting boxes or Bianchi Barricades..

I think that is how Manny Bragg set it up the first time I saw it and tried it.

Scrambler drill.

please explain ...?

Two boxes, wall or sticks to define two shooting areas. One target centred. Move side to side shooting only one round. Hit or miss move to other side. Need 10 hits. I do 15 yards for pistol and shotgun, 100 yards for rifle. I started with a 10" plate and dropped to 8 and now a skinny Sammy. Teaches you to respect all the necessary skills except splits.

Cool, thx. Steel Challenge 10"/12" plates should work just fine although I may be a bit too old to do that much running around .... :)

if you're group shooting its ok to put a 2" bullseye on the target ... for any other 25 yd drill you want the target to look just it will in a match .... naked ..... or man up and surround it with no-shoots .... :)

Edited by Nimitz