Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone handled one of the new Sig 1911 MAX's?

ArrDave

They come in 45 and 40, set up with proper sights, Koenig hammer, EGW sear, Dawson Ice mag well and I am presuming sights and it appears Wilson Combat mags. On Gun Broker they're coming in at $1350-1500.

At the $1350 price point that's a pretty attractive set of features. Especially for a production 40.

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/1911-max.aspx

I've been competing with a Sig MAX 1911 .45 for a couple seasons now and have had a ton of success with it.

I'll be running a .40 version later this season and next year as well. Probably hands down the best out of the box competition pistol you can get for SS division

How does it fit in a kydex holster? The slide looks like it may be wider than a typical slab side slide.

It appears to have the Sig 1911 slide profile, which CompTac makes holsters for

I have played with a couple, not a bad gun. I still think sig slide are ugly, so they are a no go for me. They come with nice aggressive texture grips, good trigger parts but starts off heavy. The rear sight has white dots if I remember correctly, can't quite remember what the front sight is.

A guy that shoots at my club has one and seems to like it.

George

I love mine in .45. It is a flat black rear sight with a very thin front fiber. I bought a Bladtech 1911 w/rail holter and opened it up a couple washers as spacers. Gun fits great and will still hold my SA RO. I bought mine used from a member here and was able to meet him at a match to buy the pistol.

Yes, it has the Series 80 guts.

I had Sig Max in .45acp but sold it. I liked the gun a lot, but I wanted a .40s&w 1911 so I could interchange my rounds with my Limited gun. But a really nice out of the box 1911 ready to compete.

I pulled the series 80 stuff and that has been about it

I shot out of the box, its smooth, accurate etc

I carry a 1911 with a GI safety so the small safety is a non issue for me and I've come to actually like it

Holsters fit in general, My blade tech fits and I bought a DAA holster for it

It's a great option for SS and L-10 with out having to do anything to the gun itself

Have the 45 and really like it, the safariland 586 holster also works with it, not so the Bladetech. Didn't like the dots on the rear sight so blackened them out and went with a wider front,older eyes thin didn't work.

Unless you have seen it in 40 and not just on Sigs site,I gave up believing in it last year after on order for 2 years and picked up a Sig Elite in 40.

I picked up that gun or something really similar in the gun store and immediately fell in love. In less than a week I became an owner of a Sig 9mm 1911 and love it, too. The gun (9mm Match Elite) shoots itself. Seriously. There were big holes growing in my target. I've had good groupings but never with so many rounds.

The Sig slide is different (on that gun and most Sig 1911s), but if you were looking for nostalgia you probably wouldn't be asking about that gun. I ended up with a Sig Traditional which has more of a rounded slide, only because I wanted 9mm and the options are limited or expensive.