Stock II Sighting $1249

jfremder

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like a lot of dealers now have them in stock. One of my buddies that's a dealer said his one of the wholesalers/distributor just got in over 30 Stock 2 9mm.

Looks like the crazy pricing is over. The people that sold Stock 2's for around $2000 are feeling really good. The one's that bought Stock 2's for around $2000 not feeling so good.

Edited by JGus

JGus, I spoke to a dealer and the order filled this week were placed last November. And the serial numbers have only changed by 200. So the impatient buyers will continue to pay up while others will wait, roll the dice and get them at msrp. The rate of polymer shooters switching to metal guns isn't about to slow when all the top Pros are using metal guns. Unless of course Shane or Nils wins Production Nats with their Glock 34s. That is the pendulum right there.

Yeah, I'm not a dealer so I only know what I'm being told by two of my buddies that are dealers.

But if you look at GB the last few weeks Stock 2's are selling at a far more reasonable $1200-$1400.

I was able to buy two in the last few weeks for an average price of less than $1000. For those that are paying attention to the online dealers or putting the word out with local dealers, you will find they are becoming more prevalent. I'm not saying they are easy to get, but it is becoming easier. And it's being reflected on recent prices on GB.

There is a NIB Stock 3 9mm on GB right now with less than an hour left in the auction that is listed for $900 and not a single bidder yet. Many Stock 3 9mm auctions with a price of around $1000-$1200 have ended with no bids.

The last Stock 2 9mm that Oakhill sold on GB on 07/07/2015 sold for $1225. A few Stock 2 9mm auctions in the last few days with Buy Now prices of $1450 and $1550 but with a reserve price (don't know what the reserve was) ended without sale when the high bid was $1100-1200 but they didn't meet the reserve price.

Edited by JGus

Good for you. Glad to hear you found better deals. Cost of ammo thwarts a few hundred dollars between equipment so I doubt guys running S2 are sweating it too much.

Edited by Stician

Very valuable information aceinyourface, thanks for posting that

I have 2 Stock 2s, I can buy 10 more if I choose, and I pinch every penny. (which is probably why I have that much coin)

I have 2 Stock 2s, I can buy 10 more if I choose, and I pinch every penny. (which is probably why I have that much coin)

No problemo!

Glad to clear up any misconceptions, like Stock 2 owners don't care about what they pay for their gear.

No problemo!

Glad to clear up any misconceptions, like Stock 2 owners don't care about what they pay for their gear.

I'll sell you my NIB pair for $5000 so you can validate your point. And a picture of them rusting away in the barn would be a strong follow up [emoji3]

And just $400-$500 later, these guns will be good to go... :goof:

I'm sure it can be done a little cheaper than that. But that seems to be what mine are running, once I've swapped triggers, guide rods, hammers, grips, FPs, FP blocks, springs, front sights, sears, etc.

I'm sure it can be done a little cheaper than that. But that seems to be what mine are running, once I've swapped triggers, guide rods, hammers, grips, FPs, FP blocks, springs, front sights, sears, etc.

I agree. Add a Titan Hammer, one piece sear, double wing disconnector, extended firing pin block/plunger, extended firing pin, new springs. That's what I'm adding to mine. And the time to polish in the right areas.

But it's nice to find them priced reasonably vs $1800-$2000 like they were not too long ago, then spend another $400 in upgrades.

There is one listed on GB right now from TechNetArmory with a Buy Now of $1225, and SS Moore sold one earlier with an auction winner at $1225, and he has another listed. These types of prices were unheard of a month ago.

Edited by JGus

I agree. Add a Titan Hammer, one piece sear, double wing disconnector, extended firing pin block/plunger, extended firing pin, new springs. That's what I'm adding to mine. And the time to polish in the right areas.

But it's nice to find them priced reasonably vs $1800-$2000 like they were not too long ago, then spend another $400 in upgrades.

There is one listed on GB right now from TechNetArmory with a Buy Now of $1225, and SS Moore sold one earlier with an auction winner at $1225, and he has another listed. These types of prices were unheard of a month ago.

I hope the people who were buying them for $2k were getting models that already had those upgrades.

But then, I always figure the cost of the gun isn't all that big of a consideration for people who shoot a ton. No matter what you pay for your gun, it's going to retain more value than match fees and all those rounds we send downrange.

>>There is one listed on GB right now from TechNetArmory with a Buy Now of $1225, and SS Moore sold one earlier with an auction winner at $1225, and he has another listed. These types of prices were unheard of a month ago. <<

There is no Credit card fee if you call them direct, instead of using GB, and free shipping too.

To get results downrange, I do not feel like I need $500 in parts.

I need springs, a sheet of 1000 grit sandpaper, and the XL firing pin. I might even go crazy and put a dot of neon fingernail polish on the front sight.

Grips? I just had Nick at Copper Gun Grips make a set, $35 (I think he is selling them now, BTW). I also see people sanding the wood down and putting on skateboard tape. In my mind, an affectation rather than a requirement. Frankly, if your hand doesn't fit the gun, you might consider a different gun.

Fiber? There is no time difference between my S2 with the fiber and the one with the fingernail polish.

Trigger? It is just the shoe for $100. My finger does prefer this but I'm not buying another.

Hammers, sears etc...? Not needed to make the gun ready for competition, but if you must then it isn't drop in parts, it has to be fitted.

Guide rod? I hear this is good for the gun. So, ok $40.

I think it's simply supply vs. demand. 12-18 months ago a 9mm Stock II wouldn't have lasted on here 5 minutes even at $1800-$2000 upgraded or not. I'm glad more are coming online as I love my pair but what I like the most is the ability to get after market parts seems to have grown in my opinion. That along with the abundance of knowledge here on Enos allowing one to do the upgrades themselves has saved people money I think.

To get results downrange, I do not feel like I need $500 in parts.

I need springs, a sheet of 1000 grit sandpaper, and the XL firing pin. I might even go crazy and put a dot of neon fingernail polish on the front sight.

Grips? I just had Nick at Copper Gun Grips make a set, $35 (I think he is selling them now, BTW). I also see people sanding the wood down and putting on skateboard tape. In my mind, an affectation rather than a requirement. Frankly, if your hand doesn't fit the gun, you might consider a different gun.

Fiber? There is no time difference between my S2 with the fiber and the one with the fingernail polish.

Trigger? It is just the shoe for $100. My finger does prefer this but I'm not buying another.

Hammers, sears etc...? Not needed to make the gun ready for competition, but if you must then it isn't drop in parts, it has to be fitted.

Guide rod? I hear this is good for the gun. So, ok $40.

Obviously, we all see things differently.

To me, different grips are a requirement. But it has nothing to do with the gun fitting the hand. I find the texture on the wood grips to be useless. I want a much more aggressive texture. Still waiting for VZ to start making grips for these guns.

Same thing with the trigger. I shoot better with the flatter trigger. Do I shoot 50 percent better? Of course not. But considering how much money and time I put into this game, I'll take any incremental improvements I can find.

Why is it such a secret where people get these great deals on Stock II's? I've never seen a person on this forum anyway say hey I just picked up a Stock II 9 mm for $939.00 from XYZ gunshop. "It's always I only paid $939.00 a piece for my Stock II's." Then crickets. I know everyone says patience pays off but come on! I have my 2 Stock II's but it just seems like a giant secret.