Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA Shooting Sleeves

EDA

Anyone use these either during the cold weather or the hot weather? Sun is killer here in New Mexico - wonder if it actually helps keep cool despite being a long sleeve (akin to a long sleeve cycling jersey).

• 2 weeks later...

Just to follow-up on my post. I used the DAA Team Arm Sleeves for the match today - 90 degree sun in Albuquerque and they worked great! Gives you that moisture-wicking cool sensation and UV protection on top of it.

A+ if anyone is looking for something like this!

Edited by EDA

9 hours later, I can also say they protect you from UV rays too. Didn't have any sunblock on my arm under the sleeve. Sprayed some on my hands and you can see a clear demarcation line where the sleeve ends at my wrist. Extra bonus!

From a sizing standpoint, I got mediums and I am 5'11" 165lbs, wear a 16" 34/35 shirt and it fits me just right.

yes they are great. I mostly use them in the winter months where it can be 55 deg before first shot but then quite warm for the rest of the match. Much better alternative then having to wear & try to take off a long sleeve shirt. And the blue ones match my shooting jersey!

What would be the advantage of the sleeves when compared to something like the Under Armour long sleeve HeatGear? It is extremely light weight and can be worn under a regular shirt or T-shirt.

I can still wear a shooting shirt without having to double up on layers. And I can wear sleeves of different patterns as I wish!

What would be the advantage of the sleeves when compared to something like the Under Armour long sleeve HeatGear? It is extremely light weight and can be worn under a regular shirt or T-shirt.

I can still wear a shooting shirt without having to double up on layers. And I can wear sleeves of different patterns as I wish!

I ask because I have used a Heat Gear shirt under a short sleeve shirt for long range shooting and they do a good fairly job of wicking sweat off your body.