Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Silver Buckle Match

Damn, I can't make it this year. It's definitely a fun match. I went home with a Ruger .22 from last year's shooters' drawing. Not bad for a middlin' B who didn't finish in the money.

• 1 month later...

I can't wait to shoot this match. Mainly I can't wait to get beat down by all the good L-10 shooters that are going to be there. I'm working the match so I'll probably see everyone there.

JOe

• 2 weeks later...

11th Annual Silver Buckle Shoot

May 27-29, 2004

- Hosted by Sage Pistol League, Ridgecrest, CA.

- R.O.s and Staff shoot on May 27th

- 4 Shooters in Class - Silver Buckle for Winner

- Random drawings for other prizes.

- Entry Fee $100.00

- 10 Stages

- 274 Rounds

- Match Flyer/App/Info

- On-Line Registration

- Stage Layouts

Contact: Gary Tilley - 760-377-4967 or Frey's Gun Shop - 760-375-9690

Sorry I'm late in getting this info posted.

Jerry

11th Annual Silver Buckle Shoot

- On-Line Registration

HELP! this link isn't working ... as soon as it does I need to sign-up. I'll be cruising down there with Indiana James and shoot both days. I'm going to make sure that Jim knows which state the match is going to be in. It wouldn't do to have him end up in Nevada or Arizone by mistake ... he'd have to change his name again.

short_round

I fixed the link - thanks for pointing out that it was not correct.

No problemo. I'm really looking forward to getting down there and shooting with you all again. Last year was a blast! Thanks for continuing to take the time to put this match together. You guys ROCK!

• 2 weeks later...
2005 Silver Buckle Match Results

Great Match !!  We had 100 shooters.

dvc

Jerry

Definitely a great match. Thank you, Jerry, for doing the scoring among everything else you did. Thanks to the match staff, too! Ran smooth as a baby's butt!

Congrats to ong45 for winning Open and coming in 2nd overall to Taran, shooting 98.1% of Taran's score. Taran said this was his best Silver Buckle ever (just ask short_round and Indiana James), so 'twas no small feat, James.

Awesome getting to meet a bunch of BE'ers. Special thanks go to Ma and Pa (Alvin and Jim) for treating me to a graduation dinner, shooting with me, and generally putting up with me. :) Love ya guys. Met ParaJoe, Erik Warren, ong45, and Nolan, too. Other BE'ers that were there: Mike Voigt (he's posted here once or twice ;)), TeamGE, blackdragon, davecutts, Bob Hostetter, and John Flentz. Fun match... hope to do it again.

David and I have a nice little collection of Silver Buckles - this was one of our favorite matches! I was just looking at the results and realized that there were only 1 or 2 names that I didn't recognize!

<SIGH> New crew training time now :)

I sure do miss all my West Coast Buddies though. Excellent job NOlan - you been practicing or what ?!?!

I won L-10 Unclass so I'll be getting one also. Thanks for coming everyone it turned out to be a really great match. It was nice to be able to put some faces to all the names that we have on the board. See ya, JOe

Excellent job NOlan - you been practicing or what ?!?!

Thanks! Actually.....No, I haven't been practicing at all. It was a great match, I'll have video up pretty soon of all but two of the stages (due to technical difficulties, I pressed the STOP button by accident). I shot better than I expected, but not as well as I had hoped. I had to take waaay too many extra shots on steel and I'm still not real fast on my feet. Like Short Round was kidding me, it's a good thing I only have to take 3 steps to cross the shooting bay!

Nolan

Good match. I like the Silver Buckle. Great guys down south and good stages. The sport is getting more enjoyable as I'm getting to know more people. Alvin and I had a great time cruising the Convertible Vet. Also, had a great time with the 300lb Gorilla. Your a lot of fun Cullen.

I almost won my class. I almost got a Silver Buckle. "I could'a been a contender!"

My neck was realllllllllllly hurt'n on Saturday, but I shoot a 7th stage anyway. It cost me. I had two misses, plus loss mucho time. I took 2nd in my class. Down 9.5193 points from 1st place, but who's counting!

I realized why I want the Silver Buckle. It so when I get home my wife will say - "Wow, your awesome!"

Good match and thanks to all who made it happen.

Indiana