Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ-75 CTS LP P

DocMedic

How do they feel different? Larger, smaller? Could it be the different trigger? Thanks

When I have the gun in my version of a correct grip:

SP01 - Pressure from the back of my gun to my strong hand is high toward the lower portion of the gun (where the main spring housing would be in a 1911) and low in the web between thumb and forefinger.

CTS - Pressure feels more equal top to bottom

Effect to me is that SP01 feels more secure getting to hand from the draw and CTS feels more 'right' when shooting. I prefer the CTS for my particular human construction (about average sized hands for a 6'1" guy a bit on the skinny side) , but maybe the next person would prefer the SP01 and the next two people after that would be equally happy with both.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How do they feel different? Larger, smaller? Could it be the different trigger? Thanks

When I have the gun in my version of a correct grip:

SP01 - Pressure from the back of my gun to my strong hand is high toward the lower portion of the gun (where the main spring housing would be in a 1911) and low in the web between thumb and forefinger.

CTS - Pressure feels more equal top to bottom

Effect to me is that SP01 feels more secure getting to hand from the draw and CTS feels more 'right' when shooting. I prefer the CTS for my particular human construction (about average sized hands for a 6'1" guy a bit on the skinny side) , but maybe the next person would prefer the SP01 and the next two people after that would be equally happy with both.

In short, it balances better in the hand and the lighter front end makes it easier to make transitions.

Of course the adjustable TS rear sight has an excellent sight picture and a longer sight radius which doesn't hurt either. ;)

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Edited by himurax13

So I have both the cts and Sp-01 shadow custom. Both from czc. All I can tell is the recoil is "different"

I'm debating still on which one I like better? Do you have a preference yet?

I'm leaning towards cts due to sight radius and srt trigger.

So I got to play with my CZ-75 CTS LS-P a little bit yesterday at a local steel match, the SRT trigger is really nice in single action, almost scary nice. On my STI's and M&P's I usually pull the trigger with the pad of my finger, with the LS-P I notice I'm a little deeper almost to the first joint. Trigger pull wise I don't see it being a hindrance, and believe its just a side effect from being able to "over" grip the gun a little better then the wider guns I have since the LS-P has a thinner grip, one thing I do like about having a thinner grip is that I'm able to hit the mag release button without the need of breaking my strong hand grip. About 100 or so rounds in I notice I could drive the gun pretty hard. With my M&P pro and the ammo I am using it would be more snappy, with the LS-P since I'm able to really get a strong grip on the gun I can keep it pretty flat. The recoil on the LS-P does feel different then on my 9mm STI though, feels more like a push then muzzle rise vs the STI where its just muzzle rise. The LS-P muzzle doesn't rise much at all but you'll notice the push much more, I kind of like it as the sights track and stay on target better.

I need to figure out the best way to grip the slide during empty start loads though, I'm so use to on both my M&P and STI grabbing the slide from under the rail and just working it through that way. With the LS-P I just can't get enough grip on the slide and I end up pinching the rear sight to rack the action. My fingers seem to slip off the front and back serrations.

I have been running a Red Hill Tactical holster in Production Division all year and it's easily my favorite holster. Get the double layered design as it really adds the the stability of the holster and improves draw consistency. The hanger is also well worth the money and is a huge upgrade from a standard BT DOH.

post-56465-144229466407_thumb.jpg

Finally put thin safeties and a floating trigger pin. The safeties are definitely a must. Especially if your coming from a striker gun like a glock. I could never get a high support hand grip.... Until now.

If your buying the long slide or any CZ for competition, this is as important as having ammo to run the gun.

• 1 month later...

This reveals a lot of ignorance, but that is reality.

Anyway, would like to have a relatively inexpensive back up for my CTS, something more off the shelf and mass market priced. Would need something that had the same grip dimensions (feel) and that would work with the same holster. The gun would be used to take the brunt of reload practice and as a match back up.

Is there a CZ 75 model that would work?