Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Would you shoot Single Stack Division in USPSA?

MikeFoley

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I would not. But, I think there should be a Single Stack division, and for 2 reasons.

1) It is the root of the sport

2) Look at all of the potential new shooters it could bring into the sport!

Besides, who wants to draw and have to go to double action, like production does now! On second thought, maybe SS would be fun! :huh:

Well, as a guy who's trying to figure out how to come back into the sport, I considered L10 for a bit - until all this talk about Classic came about. I'm not touching either with a 10 foot polecat until all this hubbub quiets down. Would hate to dump $500 on mags and race leather only to have it rendered obsolete, either way.

Well, as a guy who's trying to figure out how to come back into the sport, I considered L10 for a bit - until all this talk about Classic came about. I'm not touching either with a 10 foot polecat until all this hubbub quiets down. Would hate to dump $500 on mags and race leather only to have it rendered obsolete, either way.

I've heard that same comment by several local guys. I have a single stack that has only been out twice in the last year. I need more/better magazines, but don't know which ones to buy for the same reason. I also hope it is major/minor scoring so my .40 won't be useless.

I've heard that same comment by several local guys. I have a single stack that has only been out twice in the last year. I need more/better magazines, but don't know which ones to buy for the same reason. I also hope it is major/minor scoring so my .40 won't be useless.

.40 is major in USPSA in other divisions - I would expect it to remain major.

That would seem logical to me too, but some of the other threads talk about .45 only. I know the purists want that, but I think we should let everyone play that owns a singlestack. Definition of singlestack may be difficult too.

I started this poll to see who would shoot it, not rehash the whole do we need it thing, and there I go inserting opinions.

Don't need it. Its redundant! We've already got a single stack division...its called Limited 10.

OK, the can of worms is NOW officially OPEN!

I think I am just gonna get a six pack and watch now, kind of like the boat ramp on a weekend. It's gonna be entertaining!

I considered poll only, but that is about as bad as censorship, and I wanted perspectives on why someone would or would not shoot it, plus poll only may not get the attention of some members. I would ask that we keep this more focused on the results than the other threads about SS division that focus on a lot of dialogue and banter.

Question?

Is this just idle talk and internet conversation, or is the BOD seriously considering this SS idea?

I don't know any more than I have read here on the forum, but I wanted a way to see how many members would shoot this, and something tangible for the BOD to be able to measure instead of 40 pages of arguments.

Question?

Is this just idle talk and internet conversation, or is the BOD seriously considering this SS idea?

I don't know any more than I have read here on the forum, but I wanted a way to see how many members would shoot this, and something tangible for the BOD to be able to measure instead of 40 pages of arguments.

OK then, I put the beer away :(

Don't need it. Its redundant!  We've already got a single stack division...its called Limited 10.

That's so VERY true. Want to use 7 or 6 round mags? No problem. Want to use your carry holster? If its legal otherwise, no problem. ;)

I started in this game with a SS 45, I've NEVER used anything else nor have I shot anything but L-10 and I've NEVER felt I needed special protection! But hey, as long as you leave L-10 alone, go ahead with your IDPAish Division. :rolleyes: Then from me? No problem.

Ed

.40 is major in USPSA in other divisions - I would expect it to remain major.

Not in Production, it ain't ;)

I would shoot L10 as a way back into the game. I *might* shoot SS, but only as a "fun" thing. Eventually, I'll be shooting Open again, and maybe a fat Limited gun, too.

In other terms - I might drive a Pro Stock car for some time, and might even drive my street car in bracket class every once in a while, but bring on the top fuel baby ;)

Heck yeah I'd shoot it!

I started with a Colt Gold Cup and loved shooting it.

10 round or 8 round doesn't matter to me.

I prefer Mag pouchs at any position and race holsters but I can live with my Earnie Hill leather.

Since I shoot a S_I in limited, I will not shoot a SS for L-10, the thin grip and small magwell just feels foreign! :(