Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TV Network Exces

Nimitz

in the last week they have canceled just about every clever, smart and/or fuuny show ... CSI, Battlecreek & Covert Affairs to name a few ... and moved others to new time slots which usually spels the end ... all I'm sure so that they can add 15 more Ghost Hunters shows ...

.... at least somone did have the good sense to finally cancel American Idol ....

Edited by Nimitz

• 4 weeks later...

in the last week they have canceled just about every clever, smart and/or fuuny show ... CSI, Battlecreek & Covert Affairs to name a few ... and moved others to new time slots which usually spels the end ... all I'm sure so that they can add 15 more Ghost Hunters shows ...

.... at least somone did have the good sense to finally cancel American Idol ....

That's actually why I tend to not watch any new shows..... you know they are going to get dumped and so why bother.

That's actually why I tend to not watch any new shows..... you know they are going to get dumped and so why bother.

Me too to a certain extent. If somethings really good, I'll typically hear about it, and there are ways to catch up. I think I started watching The Shield around Season 3 -- yes I caught up on Seasons 1&2 by buying them on disk first -- and I gave up on Breaking Bad after Episode 2. A few years later, I caught the opening few minutes of Season 5, Episode 2 "Madrigal" (the almost mini-movie about the German executive who kills himself with a defibrillator in the bathroom while the police are pounding on the door), realized its brilliance, and got myself caught up on Netflix, while taping the Season 5 episodes.....

Ever since the writers strike many years ago TV have been going downhill.

Big 4 Network TV -- sure, for the most part......

TV as a whole -- not so much. FX, AMC, Showtime, HBO and other cable networks have given us so much terrific television, that its hard to really suggest this isn't the golden age of TV drama. There's interesting and good stuff out there, and the really good stuff is fabulous.....

TV as a whole -- not so much. FX, AMC, Showtime, HBO and other cable networks have given us so much terrific television, that its hard to really suggest this isn't the golden age of TV drama. There's interesting and good stuff out there, and the really good stuff is fabulous.....

I was just about to say this. We are in arguably the best time in the history of television. It just isn't coming from the old guard.

I was just about to say this. We are in arguably the best time in the history of television. It just isn't coming from the old guard.

Not so. TV hit it's prime with" I Dream Of Jeannie" and" Car 54 " and" Fantasy Island" and " Bewitched" and "Dukes of Hazard". If that wasn't good enough, we had " The Brady Bunch" ! :roflol: