Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

which range bag?

tcazes

i keep my salomon's in my bag while traveling since i only where them when competing. does anyone know of a range bag that is large enough to keep my shoes, cover garment, ammo, ear muffs gun and all my other junk in it as well as being organized? i was looking at the safari land pro shooters bag. my ears don't fold up into a little ball so they take up more space than most and am worried about just throwing them in my bag...

looking at

safariland shooter's range bag

ced deluxe range bag

i-shot range bag

i-shot gurkah bag

Edited by tcazes

Have you given any thought to a backpack type bag? This one would probably fit everything you want:

http://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/CED-DAA-Range-Pack-Pro-P2227.aspx

I've seen several on the ranges I frequent, but I've only seen one person using it without a luggage cart/wagon :)

oh yea definitely want one of those. several sponsored shooters in my area use them but I'm not dropping 2 bills for a bookcase more or less lol

• 3 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

I have the DAA Medium range backpack and it's fantastic lol . Plenty of storage and its fairly robust

That was my initial thought on this bag but having a zipper bust and hearing the same report from other shooters, I probably will not be buying another one. DAA would not replace their units because "it's a wear item." My bag is a year old and was definetly used but not abused. I will email them and see what they can do for me.

Update July 6th:

Got off of the phone with CED and they will be replacing my bag with a new. I just have to send them my old one and they will be sending another.

post-25014-0-51546000-1436136537_thumb.j

Edited by MRevolutionIX

I have one of these: http://www.bucketboss.com/66014.html

Uber tough plenty of space for 12 mags, 2 full size pistols, 2 holsters, 6 mag holders, 2 muffs, 400 rounds of ammo and misc stuff. - Essentially enough room for 2 shooters.

I like the idea of one compartment to open and I can see everything in my bag. Instead of fishing throughout the many external pouches. Only draw back is it doesn't carry well unless it is zippered closed.

You can purchase third party bag dividers to create a protected area for your muffs.

Good luck.