Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm w/reg c-more mount

echotango

I am ordering a new open gun and was wondering if anyone gets 100% reliability with a regular c-more mount? I tried with my sti and could not get it to work. Played with the ejector/ext and nothing. I also sent it to sti and they said it was fine. Jammed on the 4th round as soon as I got it back.

I'm currently using a rts2(runs 100%) and plan on using it on my new gun but was wondering if it was worth trying the reg c-more mount again. 90deg is not an option. Thx

Edited by echotango

I've never had any problems with the regular C-More mount. Now having said that, I guess I just can't leave well enough alone.

I have changed one open gun to a 90 degree mount and the other to a Cheely RTS2 mount to see if I like them better.

• 1 month later...

I had to work out a load to get my sti to function with the normal mount. I ordered and installed a 90 mount and now I can cycle a wide range of loads and some that don't use the comp and would not function at all with the normal mount.

I built an STI 9mm Major open gun with the trubor t-2 barrel and the same mount that comes on a stock trubor. When I put in the ejector and extractor I followed the ejection perfection article by Bob Brazos to the letter. It ran flawlessly for me and is still running flawlessly for the second owner 7 years later. The slide was lightened and I ran stock sti mags at the time.

I think its all about setting the ejection angle right on the ejector, proper tension on extractor and proper spring to allow for enough recoil to send the case on the path set by the ejector.

If you like the upright go for it. It definitely can work. I personally can't stand the look of the 90 degree mount so its not an option for me either.

Not crazy about the 90 mounts either but they eliminate all the variables of 9mm ejection angles. He keven mag springs can affect the angle. I had Matt's offset upright on mine and it ran fine for two years the all of a sudden started wearing a hole in the bottom of my scope. Went with a 90 out of frustration and found it much easier to shoot being so low. I see no need to go back now.

I've got a STI truBor 9mm with standard mount, that I just bought on BENOS

IT runs great with 8, 9 or 10 lbs springs with Auto Comp and 125 blue bullets making 169 PF with 6.8grs

Still learning the gun and and which spring set up I prefer but it runs with them all

Also runs with 9 mags or 38 STI mags, no special tuning just threw TTI springs and followers and Dawson bases

Stock extractor that was tuned by Dawson I believe is what the previous owner told me.

Edited by jcc7x7

I bought a STI trubor 9mm to shoot major.. that gun gave me fits... a gunsmith worked on it for months and each time I got it back it jammed... I finally gave in and installed a 90 degree mount... NEVER had any jamming issues since... not real crazy about the looks .. but the results are outstanding.. I ordered a STI DVC to shoot 9mm major.. will attempt to use the regular mount if ever it comes in.. (you noticed I said "IF" .., . I won't hesitate to install a 90 degree mount..

I have one of the new STI DVC 9major Open guns, no issues with the factory mount, gun ran great with major PF ammo.

That said, I did install a 90 mount as I had issues finding the dot. Years of shooting iron sighted pistols, I needed the dot lower to the bore.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I'm currently hand building my first Open gun in 9mm. I am a gunsmith and just wondering how the upright saddle mount is causing issues. Are they mounting them far enough to the rear to catch cases or is there another issue?