Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Oakley Tombstone shooting glasses

Honeybooboo

Anybody know if these are available yet and if so, where can you get them? Seems like a great system.

http://loadoutroom.com/13932/oakley-tombstone-eye-shields-quick-look/

The Tombstones come out next month - not 100% on the exact date. I'll post the date when I know for sure. You should definitely try these on before ordering. I have worn them a fair bit and they can be quite loose for individuals with a smaller diameter head. Overall, they are a great product and the lense quality is fantastic.

Edited by isaiahzb

Anybody know if these are available yet and if so, where can you get them? Seems like a great system.

http://loadoutroom.com/13932/oakley-tombstone-eye-shields-quick-look/

The Tombstones come out next month - not 100% on the exact date. I'll post the date when I know for sure. You should definitely try these on before ordering. I have worn them a fair bit and they can be quite loose for individuals with a smaller diameter head. Overall, they are a great product and the lense quality is fantastic.

I have a fairly small head and face. Maybe I'd be better with one of smiths compact glasses, or clear lenses for my flak jacket xljs

I called oakly they are not on civilian market deemed police and military issue only until they rec feed back from the "professionals" maybe 6-9mo and they will be depending on feedback

From what I understand, these were only going to be released on the oakleysi.com site (to start?)

They look awesome I'd love to get my hands on a pair.

Edit: Actually Oakleysi had a picture and info on them and now when you go to it, it says can't be found. They took it down for whatever reason.

Edited by Meyer23

I use the TR22 and the TR45 lenses now in my Radars and they are fantastic.

I also us the Prizm Roads which are fantastic for very bright days.

If you have not tried these lenses, you don't know what you're missing.

Edited by bigboy69

I use the TR22 and the TR45 lenses now in my Radars and they are fantastic.

I also us the Prizm Roads which are fantastic for very bright days.

If you have not tried these lenses, you don't know what you're missing.

+1

I got a set of Oakley Prizm lenses, and now I don't even touch my old Black/Gray polarized ones anymore. I was absolutely dumbfounded the second I put them up to face.

• 2 weeks later...

The individual ones are sold out. The one with the 3 lenses are the only one's available right now. I bet the individual/lenses ones will be sold out for a while. Actually just glad they released them, finally.

My understanding is that there are two sizes

Reap - for smaller faces

Spoil - for larger faces

And for each size they are released as an array with the (TR22, TR44, and clear), and as each individual TR lens.

I found a Spoil Array set on LAPG. It is out of stock, but being a new release I am hoping that it comes in stock soon.

Probably a good reason for that. They seem as durable as tissue paper. I've owned a lot of Oakleys. I just buy straight jackets now. I want the protection of the bottom frame. And close to my face. Stuff comes up and from down, too. I have some Fast Jackets and Half Jackets in the car and different bags, but primary is Fast Jackets. The M Frame series has always been plagued with the rubber nosepiece coming off-too easily- a lot. All Oakleys are pristine when new-the lens. Good glasses, but they can scratch just from dropping them. Maui Jim's and Costa Del Sol's are the most durable I have-I know-not supposed to be "ballistic" protection, but they work real well. I'm in the sun everyday, so maybe I have a different perspective. Oakley are great-just high maintenance.

I've had the radar ranges for a while now. I'm not overly cautious with them and they have no scratches and cover from cheek to eyebrow. one thing I don't like is that when I get a good cheek weld, my cheeks hit the lenses. The prizm lenses make up for that slight problem though.

My half jacket's polarized lenses are all scratched up but they are probably 6 yrs old.