Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TS Modifications

Gooldylocks

Well, like a proud parent I am pleased to announce that I have ordered a Tactical Sport. Hopefully it gets here soon. Now to get to work :devil:

140mm Extensions

So I have heard mixed comments on the TF baseplates, that they take some modification to work and *might* not work with the CZC large magwell. What light can you all shed on this? The CZC extensions are significantly more expensive, so that makes me wonder if the TF might be another option.

After reading the "20 rounds in a TS mag" thread, I am slightly confused what springs are the best choice. Sounds like the Grams 11 coil gets some people 21, and some people are using the CZC springs/followers. What is the easiest one to just plug and play for maximum capacity?

Sights

I want to stick with the fixed rear, I am led to believe that the 7.5 mm front is the correct height for the stock rear. is this correct?

Magwell

I don't really like the look of the czechmate magwell (is the TS magwell that is listed on the CZ USA website the same as the czechmate magwell but silver?) on the TS, so I would probably like to stick to the CZC large magwell, but have heard concerns of both the CZC basepads and the TF base pads not wanting to seat. Is this true? Can you use factory base pads, perhaps with a little filing on the front lip of the magazine (would just save me having to buy another basepad if I could leave one magazine stock)

Frame Reduction/Grips

I am a decently handy guy, if I go slow and take my time is it difficult to take off the waffling? I have pretty small hands (mens size small/medium gloves), but the one Czechmate I have shot felt pretty decent, I think doing a real reduction would make it perfect. What have you guys used to remove the checkering?

I shot a CZ accushadow with the CZUSA checkered grips this past weekend, and liked the additional grip provided versus the smooth aluminum with a tiny bit of grip tape. How difficult is filing grips to fit the magwell? Has anyone sanded the factory grips way down, and completely covered them in skate tape?

Thank you all for your help, I will have lots of questions I am sure, since this is my very first hammer fired gun! I look forward to learning your ways, CZ masters :bow:

Edited by Gooldylocks

Also, how difficult is attaching a thumb rest? Is that a strictly gunsmith job? I have never shot a limited gun with a thumb rest, but might be interested in one down the road. I feel like the original GoGun seems like a good choice, and the price is pretty attractive compared to the others on the market (at least that I have seen).

Sights

I want to stick with the fixed rear, I am led to believe that the 7.5 mm front is the correct height for the stock rear. is this correct?

Here's some measurements that may help. All taken from the base of the sight to the top of the blade. Be aware that the sights on CZC's site are measured differently.

Factory TS .40 front sight: 7.4mm (.291")

Dawson .195 T sight: 7.2mm (.284")

Dawson .215 T sight: 7.8mm (.308")

I've had both czc magwells, both had no issues with czc basepads.

I'd do the czc fiber made for the fixed rear, it kept my Poi the same as factory.

Not sure on the grams followers/springs but I got a reliable 20 rounds with czc ones.

Thanks for the help so far guys, keep it coming!

I'm glad to hear that the basepads and magwell are compatible, at least in general. Thanks for those measurements Tyler, I think I am probably going to go with the one from CZC, it is the closest to the same height.

Thanks guys!

Congrats on your purchase. Lots of good threads on the TS here..... might try search.

Thanks, im really excited about it.

I have searched, and read nearly every single thread. However, most all of the ones on here about magazines/capacity are 5-8 years old. Just was wondering if the kinks might have been figured out a little more.

I have the CZC large magwell and CZC basepads. I had to do some filing on the basepads to get them to seat properly each time. I used Grams springs and followers. I can load them to 21 but I don't have the confidence that I'm going to seat them hard enough during a match as it takes quite a good whack when seating them loaded to 21 on a closed slide. I removed the waffling on mine and did it with a file to get it roughed in and then emery cloth on a hard rubber pad to smooth it out. Finished with finer grits of sandpaper until I was satisfied with it. I use the thin grips with grip tape on them and then grip tape on the front and back straps.

Excellent choice! Very good customer service and parts availability (including some CZ UB aftermarket parts)

Webstore: http://shop.cz-usa.com/home

CZ Custom Shop in Mesa, Arizona

Webstore page for TS parts: http://czcustom.com/CZ-TS-Parts.aspx

Upgrades on my TS from either CZ USA Webstore or CZCustom Webstore:

Grips ($85)

Link: http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/19146_Aluminum-Grips-Full-Size-Black-Czub

- I had to file down these grips to fit with the magwell, took about an hour or so for both grip panels (and I noticed tonight that I need to loctite the screws still). I have some black flat aluminum grips that I used up until a few weeks ago already filed down to fit the magwell (http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/19094_Black-Aluminum-Grips-For-75-Full-Sizets), if you're interested I'd give you a deal.

- You can pretty much use any full size CZ 75 grip and trim them down to fit with a magwell, or just not use a magwell and no trimming is needed (I ran mine that was the first few months).

Magwell ($75)

Link: http://czcustom.com/CZ-Tactical_Sport-Mag-Well.aspx

- Alternative is the Czechmate magwell which would allow you to use the factory base pads (http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/203047000002_Czechmate-Aluminum-Magwell), I also have one of these I bought since CZ USA has only a limited qty and rarely orders them from CZ UB. The flat aluminum grips would have to be filed down a little more to work. The positive would be you could use the factory base pads (the CZCustom magwells don't work with the factory base pads, the funnel gets in the way by about 1/8").

Front Fiber Optic Sight ($35), 1.5mm or 1.0mm diameter, 7.5mm tall (works with factory rear sight)

Link: http://czcustom.com/CZ-Fiber-Optic-Front-Sight-7.5mm-with-1.5mm-FibreRod-2.aspx

Extended Magazine basepads ($38 x 3)

Link: http://czcustom.com/cztacticalsportextendedbasepadsilver.aspx(Silver) or http://czcustom.com/cztacticalsportextendedbasepadBlack.aspx (Black)

Extended Spring and follower kit ($17 x 3)

Link: http://czcustom.com/czcspringandfollowerkit10.aspx

Steel Guide Rod ($25)

Link: http://czcustom.com/CZ_75_SP01-Stainless-Steel-Guide-Rod.aspx

Very easy to swap stuff and make yours unique. I haven't removed the dimpled checkering on the back or front strap yet. Some other threads on the forum with plenty of details though.

Cz custom for me with CGW springs.

Extended base pads with spring follower kit I can do 21 no problem and 1 I can 22.

Comp wide low hammer.

Front fiber optic 1mm 7.5

15lb hammer spring and 13 lb recoil CGW

VZ tactical diamond vertical sander worked great.

Kept the factory magwell for now.

Grip reduction and checkering black cerakote.

Will add the extended safety when in stock and idpa magwell (maybe )

Only mods to mine are CZC thin aluminum grips filed down to fit with the OEM magwell and a stainless steel guide rod. A CZUB Czechmate magwell is on my list of stuff to buy because I like the option of running the mags with the factory baseplates as its mainly a steel challenge gun. I have big hands, so no desire to reduce the grip... possibly undercut the trigger guard at some point, but it shoots great as it is. It's very much ready to run right out the box. I love the factory sights, poa=poi for my reloads, line up quick, doubles as a slide racker... IMO, they're one of the best features on a pretty amazing gun..

Thanks for all the help so far guys, I appreciate it. So far I have ordered 2 Taylor freelance bases, and am about to order 2 extended mag springs/followers, another magazine, and a front sight from CZC. I hope to have my gun in hand by early next week!

Thanks for all the help so far guys, I appreciate it. So far I have ordered 2 Taylor freelance bases, and am about to order 2 extended mag springs/followers, another magazine, and a front sight from CZC. I hope to have my gun in hand by early next week!

One thing you might want to consider on your front sight is the blade width. I started out with the CZC F/O front sight, but found the blade was a bit too wide for my taste (.122"). I ended up going with the Dawson sight which is .090" wide and it's perfect (.215" tall version). Point of impact was spot on for my load using a 180gr Extreme.

One thing you might want to consider on your front sight is the blade width. I started out with the CZC F/O front sight, but found the blade was a bit too wide for my taste (.122"). I ended up going with the Dawson sight which is .090" wide and it's perfect (.215" tall version). Point of impact was spot on for my load using a 180gr Extreme.

I ordered the 1.5mm sight from CZC, and will see how it goes. If I feel like it is slowing me down then it will go up for sale on here haha.

Speaking of being slow, I am incredibly annoyed over the purchase process of this gun. I ordered on Monday, and the vendor that I purchased from has 5 day processing on Echecks (which is annoying in itself, seeing as how I have never had a check take more than like 2 days to clear from my account but they take the full 5 days regardless), but it doesn't begin until the following day after an order is placed. So basically the 5 days isn't up until Monday, and they might not ship it for another two days after that, which makes it Friday potentially before I get my new gun. Not ideal when state champs is next weekend, and I was hoping to be able to shoot this one.... might be shooting one more match with my glock after all.

Well, it got here yesterday! So I figured some pictures were in order! [emoji16]

2b701927af0c1c66360447ab76f6bdf7.jpg

a1f51f1cb72910865ae05639cdad85ca.jpg

I wanted more grip than the factory checkering on the grips, so first I sanded them flat...

4c88880d1b2e24712f979c116e165521.jpg

Then I added some fresh grip tape!

70a2ee1a65742a724e0fca6b39171424.jpg

How do you like the holster you have for it? What model is it?

I have the DAA Racemaster magnetic. It seemed like the logical choice for me, because I have been using the Racer with my glocks for about a year now. I just ordered a glock block, so now I can just sell off the whole other holster and switch blocks as I feel the need.