Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for info on G-Code Products

Got one of their Level 2 holsters with the hood. They said it would fit an STI Edge but it wouldn't. Will fit my 2011 Tactical though. Sent it back, talked to them several times and basically they can't fix the problem without having an Edge to work with. They use a Tactical 2011 model to make the holsters. It fits my Tactical so I just had them send it back to me.

The holster works great though.

Edited by USCSBarney

I switched to the G-Code XST last winter and love it. Only negative is I was told it would fit on the Blade-Tek DOH mount and it doesn't. Ended up using the holster hanger from Invictus Practical to mount the holster to a Tek-Lok and couldn't be happier with the end result.

So I have had an Eclipse on order for 4 weeks. I just got an email saying they are working on it now so I expect it will take another 2 weeks. So if you are looking to get one I would order now because it will take a while. Not sure why GCode runs their production this way but it is what it is.

Once I get it I will post back with info on the holster itself.

I have a couple of their IWB holsters and theyre very well thought out and comfortable. Even has fuzzy on the exterior so it doesn't get slick against the skin. I would assume their OWB holsters have the same attention to detail....just my two cents

• 3 weeks later...

Week 7 and still waiting.

I sure hope this holster is worth the wait. I find it very hard to understand that if their product is in such demand that they don't scale up production. But I knew it could take more than 8 weeks as written on their website...

Reminds me of being a kid and ordering something from the back of a comic book. Eventually I will forget I placed the order and will be surprised when it finally hits my mailbox.

I just got my XST holster after seven week wait. I have a Rock Island tactical with full under rail, I order the one for an sti works awesome. I love it don't have to worry about the gun at all when your running around. Draw time is the same with practice. The price is also pretty sweet too.

• 1 month later...

I also have the Incog for a Glock 19 and love it. It's my favorite holster by far.

Questions for those running G-Code for sport:

Is anyone running the tactical inner/outer belt? What is the stiffness like? I'm looking for a low profile inner for CCW purposes also, so I've been interested in this setup. Just wondering how the whole system is for sport purposes and holding up for 3 gun wear.

Why XST and not OSH holsters? Do you use the retention? How do you mount the holster, RTI or another brand mounting?

I agree about the wait times, but I really like the product. I'm getting into USPSA/IDPA now with intention of 3 gun in the near future. I'm shooting what I have right now, but researching options. I'd like to have the versatility to use the same gear for all disciplines.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a couple different G-Codes.

I have the XST for my 6" STI for 3 gun. And a 5" SOC that has a cowling I can attach so I can put a weapon light on my 1911 or I can run it without.

I use the RTI wheel as my attachment as I don't like running around resetting with my handgun on at a match. I just snap it on when it's my turn to shoot.

That retention is money for 3 gun.

I have the XST holster with RTI mount, an OSH holster in bound to fit that same RTI mount for USPSA and matches were I don't need the retention, an Incog holster for my G19, and an Incog holster for my G43 with spare mag holder. I'm liking the holsters. I find the price on the XST and OSH holsters to be very reasonable, the incogs are a little pricey, and yes....the wait time does kinda suck.

My competition holsters are for my 5" Hayes 2011 with tac frame, and I'm hoping they fit my new 5.4" hayes tac-frame with PTrinity full length tac frame.

I picked up a bladetech WRS and G-Code XST for my Hayes 5" 2011. I really like the G-Code over the Bladetech button that released the hood. It doesn't take as much pressure to release and seems faster. Both are great holster and if you want a Bladetech that's brand new I'll sell you mine.