jjwestbrook

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sadly, I believe you 100 percent.

I just called Para's support number, and after asking for parts, a recording told me they are closed for the holidays, and to look on the HR1871 website for parts.

OK...I called again, and spoke to someone who put me on hold. After about 15 minutes he came back and said they are unavailable and to try Triple K, and he gave me their phone number. I'm going to contact them as they seem to have 2 different magazines for the 9mm, an 18 rd in 9mm, and a 20+1 9mm/38 listed on their website.

• 2 weeks later...

MBXextreme mags are now available

Really? I just checked the site and not available for me.

I just placed an order - I'll post results when I get it in.

Edited by rtl

rtl, let us know how they work out for you. Very interested.

Thanks!

Just thought I'd let you know that I haven't forgotten, still haven't seen the SPS mags. Probably show up next week while I'm out of town. I said WTH yesterday and ordered one 140mm MBX too. Anybody gotten these yet? I'm hoping to take all three of them to a club match first weekend in July and see how they go.

It looks like you can order the Para MBX mags now.

Yep - the website was open for orders last Friday. I ordered a 140 on Friday to try it out and see what these look like next to the SPS mags. MBX shipping notice 6/16. I'm hoping they all show up this week

Edited by rtl

Web site showed mags available this morning. 140mm 9/38 sold out by this evening.

They still had some 140mm 40 cal available.

140mm 9/38 are available as of Friday afternoon! :)

Edited by Trail3

rtl, let us know how they work out for you. Very interested.

Thanks!

Just thought I'd let you know that I haven't forgotten, still haven't seen the SPS mags. Probably show up next week while I'm out of town. I said WTH yesterday and ordered one 140mm MBX too. Anybody gotten these yet? I'm hoping to take all three of them to a club match first weekend in July and see how they go.

Update on the SPS mags. Info per tracking provided by SPS

Arrived at USPS sort facility in NYC on 6/1 - Arrived at USPS facility in Garden City NJ on 6/22 - 21 days to make it across the river.

At this rate I may have them by Christmas 2016, they're making Form 4 processing by BATF look fast. LOL

Arrived at USPS sort facility in NYC on 6/1 - Arrived at USPS facility in Garden City NJ on 6/22 - 21 days to make it across the river.

At this rate I may have them by Christmas 2016, they're making Form 4 processing by BATF look fast. LOL

The SPS mags are here finally. They look nice, well polished and fit. I'm going to try to run some rounds through them this weekend and I'll reort the results. If they work out it'll be a good alternative to what's available now. I have a new MBX 140mm that's still in the wrapper too so I'll test these and that one together. The MBX mag looks like all of Adrians, almost too pretty to shoot.

Edit: 6/28/2015

SPS and MBX mags ran fine. Several full loads of local reman 115 & 124 FMJ through each. Anyone know how to remove the SPS plastic mag bases? Kind of looks like they just snap over the bottom flanges. I think I might get some TT bases for these after I shoot them some more.

Edited by rtl

If this helps, I found these...

https://getbattleready.us/product/magazines/

I ordered one. I think I'll have to modify it to get it to work with the stock magwell but I'll give it a shot. Haven't heard a thing from MBX.
It came in yesterday. It's just a bit shorter and wouldn't fit into the magwell and lock with their baseplate. I put the factory base plate (I'm running Arredondos on my factory mags) on it and went right in and by hand feeds 19 rounds very smoothly. Sits just too low to lock the slide back. I'll update when I get a chance to shoot it but I think it'll be fine. Woo Hoo, 3 mags!!

Dogtired, thanks for the lead.

Got time to shoot the new mag last night. It's a go! Put 100 rounds through it with no issues at all. It's a bit loose in the gun when empty and does sit too low to hold back but it functions 100%. I ordered a second one since I had another factory baseplate left. I think I'm GTG until MBX gets theirs debugged and on the market.

Thanks everyone for all the help and advice.

I just ordered a couple of these mags and some of these bases, I hope they work.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/ad/1371120.htm#1371120

Please post the results when you receive them.

I got in my para mbx 140mm 9mm mags just in time to run them in a match this weekend. I was able to get 23 in them right out of the wrapper but they were tight when reloading and I put one on the deck during a reload. Filled them up and letting the spring take a set now. I should be able to get 24 in them and 23 reloadable. They lock into and drop nicely out of my PC 18.9. I have 2 of the stock PC 18.9 mags with dawson +5 extensions, ISMI springs, arredondo followers and inserts if anyone is interested.

• 1 month later...

any other anecdotal evidence about the MBX Para mags?

I have heard that some "Gen 1's" were having some issues and that MBX reworked some things and are willing to replace the "Gen 1's". Not sure if this is misinformation/conjecture.

Can anyone substantiate?

My Buddy got 4 when they came out. He's getting 23 rounds re-loadable in them. All have functioned 100% At first he couldn't get more than 21 rounds in them but after watching the video on loading he tried that recommendation and it worked. I've inspected them and they are VERY nice. As good or better than my STI mags with Grams/TTI parts in them and he didn't have to futz with them like I did. Plus, his PC 18.9 would not accept STI mags...

The SPS mags are here finally. They look nice, well polished and fit. I'm going to try to run some rounds through them this weekend and I'll reort the results. If they work out it'll be a good alternative to what's available now. I have a new MBX 140mm that's still in the wrapper too so I'll test these and that one together. The MBX mag looks like all of Adrians, almost too pretty to shoot.

SPS and MBX mags ran fine. Several full loads of local reman 115 & 124 FMJ through each. Anyone know how to remove the SPS plastic mag bases? Kind of looks like they just snap over the bottom flanges. I think I might get some TT bases for these after I shoot them some more.

To remove the SPS base pads you have to push the pin out that is visible from the front and back.

To remove the SPS base pads you have to push the pin out that is visible from the front and back.

Thanks - I finally found that a few weeks ago. Several matches on the SPS mags now and they've held up great. Plastic basepads are getting pretty chewed up so I may order some TT bases, springs, & followers for them and see how those work. My MBX mag has been flawless - runs 100%, doesn't get beatup when it hits the ground. I'm tempted to just get a couple more from MBX and skip the new bases for the SPS, I can always use those for practice. Factory mags w/Dawson bases haven't held up well. One of them won't feed at all anymore, kind of looks like the feed lips spread, just eyeball haven't had time to fool with it or measure, the other has FTF issues once it's down to 6-8 rounds remaining.

RTL