Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What would be a good first holster?

vnboileau

I don't know if I'll ever shoot in actual competition, but I would like something to do the dry fire drills with. So, a holster and couple of mag pouches. And it'd be nice if I could use it if I ever decided to do a match.

I don't want to spend money unnecessarily, but it doesn't need to be something cheap either.

I have and use blade tech DOH for most of my idpa/uspsa matches, and their mag pouches also, work great. and, do get out and do some competitions. way more fun than a static range and a good chance to see how you and your gun work together under a little pressure.

You don't say what gun. I've always been happy with Blackhawk Serpa holsters and twin mag pouches. They are quite inexpensive, very functional, and easy on the finish of your gun.

http://www.blackhawk.com/Products/Product-Promos/Serpa-Holsters/SERPA%C2%AE-Sportster%C2%AE-Holster.aspx this one is about $25 in stores.

I have a few pistols; M&P, Glock and a CZ

Mostly, I'm just looking for something to practice with. Although, it'd be nice to be able to use it in IDPA or USPSA if I ever decide to shoot a match. And it looks like a couple of different models are convertible. So, Blade-Tech and Comp-Tac are the two most popular brands?

So, the easiest/best solution might be the BOSS Blade-Tech that Ben Stoeger sells? Then, I could take off the hanger for an IDPA match?

The BOSS is an awesome holster, I have one. But you're not going to want to keep taking the hanger on and off if you're going to shoot both USPSA and IDPA. If you plan to shoot both, just get a regular belt holster. Or better solution, just shoot USPSA :P

I have both Blade Tech and Comp Tac holsters and they're both good choices.