Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Para to stop 1911 production at end of 1st quarter.

Trail3

Just read that Para will stop production of the 1911 model. Do not know about the double stack model.

Remington will focus on one 1911 model. Link was on the 1911forum.

Edited by Trail3

It is a shame a company the size of Remington can't come clean to the public. Stupid simple things like Para's website. To the uninformed you think they will be back anyday with cool new products. Dumb.

I will shoot my current Paras until the frame cracks or some other terminating event. I have enough parts for the rest.

But, for me, I will NOT shoot a Remington 1911/2011 anything. I don't care even if it is a Para copy. I can't trust them.

I guess "Para for Life" is, well not for life. :-)

It is very unfortunate.

That's pretty much the same for any business though. Lifetime warranties only extend to the life of the company. Remington, if you believe them, has stated that they are honoring the Para warranties. Never had any issues with my Rem 700, so I dont know how good/bad the Remington service is. It can't be any worse than Para, who was known to take up to several months to fix a pistol.

Yes and I am a hypocrite at best. I have a ton of 700s, not because they are the best thing in the world, but because they are everywhere. Kind of like a GM short block for racing. I can find parts for the 700s and If not, somebody else can make them. So, I will buy another 700 if the need arises.

The Para frame is a bit different. Was thinking about getting a P18.9, but I have shelved that for now.

The mags will be the issue. Yes, I can retool and get STIs to run, but thats $$. I have over 30 MecGar 15 rounders and 14 Para hiccup canadians and 7 10 round canadians. That should keep me for a while.

If I have to buy STI tubes in the future it will be a whole forklift swap. One giant box of Para P16s with mags and parts in exchange for some $$$ bye bye.

MBX Extreme will be releasing Para mags March to April time frame. I've heard nothing but good things about them. Race Ready right out of the box. I just ordered a Pro Custom 16.40 from Buds. Bad timing for me, but I don't think these will be around long and when there gone that's it. I have both 14.45 and 18.9 Pro Customs as well as a Todd Jarrett 16.40. I'm very happy with all of them and like the all metal frame.

That's the killer. I really like an all steel gun. I have shot STIs and Own a ton of Glocks. I just don't shoot them all that well. Something about an all steel gun that feels right. Probably nothing concrete, but its in my head.

MBX Extreme? Any pointers on how to find them?

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/02/foghorn/breaking-remington-kills-para-usa-brand/

Apparently the Warthog and some other double stacks will live on.

I would like to see them breath life into the TT P-16

I'd like to see them bring back the P12/13 for CCW, optioned like the current Elite series, or old Limited series.

I've been slowly upgrading my stainless P12 to Elite/Limited options.