Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SPRINCO recoil systems-any experience?

Rosshooting

Guys, what do you thing about usage of SPRINCO anti recoil system in a limited gun. It is not legal in production right? I am planning to buy a Tanfoglio limited custom but I am not sure if it has an anti recoil system in its set. So I am planning to buy a SPRINCO for it. Do you have any experience with it and is it works O.K. with Tanfoglio?

It depends on what matters most to you with the answer. There are lots of posts about Sprinco in various places in the forum so I won't go into all of the details.

Eric Graufel runs one in his Tanfoglio guns, both limited and open. He was winning without them and winning with them so its kind of hard to make the comparison.

I personally say that you can't go wrong, its a money back guarantee.... but then again I have one in every single handgun I own, and have for the last 7 years. ( I do have one revolver without one, but as soon as I figure out the set up, I will put one in the revolver as well).

jim shanahan

advanced performance shooting

www.advancedperformanceshooting.com

I have one in a Glock 34 that Jim graciously donated the certificate for on a prize table(thanks Jim), and it has worked flawlessly for over two years. It definately shortens the stroke of this gun, and feels solid and strong when you hand cycle the gun(probably why it is so reliable). If you get one and don't like it, you can always sell it here on the forum at a discount and recover some of your investment.

Why doesnt anyone experiment with two shortened recoil springs.

Have a longer light spring with a short heavy spring and seperate them with a small thin washer on the guide rod - the total length of which will equal that of the normal spring. I suspect that it should work the same as a Sprinco/Recoilmaster.

Me personally: I have tried a Sprinco using a 4lb lighter spring and felt a difference. I then took the same recoil spring (4lb lighter) and put it onto my tungsten guide rod and shot the gun, and the tungsten guiderod setup felt better IMHO.

Alan from Springco talked me into one about 4 months ago at our local gun show. I have used it in my 6" and it has really helped get back on target. Stoped that snap I was having with the 165gr. Only problem, just a little pricie for tha 6"!!! Very Happy

I tried that before.  Cut 2 springs and placed them close-end to close-end so they won't bind. It didn't work too well.

Care to share your specs?  Thanks.

I have never tried it, it is just a thought I had after shooting one. After shooting the Sprinco and playing with the different springs, I came to the conclusion that all it really does is enable you to reduce the weight of your recoil spring without damaging your frame.

If I had to do it, I would have a heavy (22lb+) short spring with about 5 to 6 coils and a 8lb to 10lb longer one making up the rest of the length of the spring. I think that I would put the stronger one near the muzzle and the weaker one on the breachface side. I definately would seperate them with a small free moving washer that had the same outside diameter as the springs.

What was your experience mcoliver? Why do you say that it did not work to well and what weights did you try?

The 2 spring set up with a washer between them is an ole bullseye trick.... and actually works pretty well. Kind of a pain in the neck to fiddle around with, but in the end its a pretty serviceable set up.

If I were going to play around with it, I would not use springs cut to equal length, I would use a longer lighter spring in the front of the gun and the shorter heavier spring in the back.

But then again... I shoot a Sprinco so I don't have to worry about experimenting... I just run my #10 commander length springs and the set up is trick.

I have one I use in my Para P14. It does make a difference. I tried it in my Para P18-9mm but it won't reliably run so I use a Harrts in it. I could try lighter springs in the 9mm I guess but the Sprinco runs fine in the 45 so I just leave it there. I did have to loctite it as it kept wanting to come unscrewed.

Guys, what do you thing about usage of SPRINCO anti recoil system in a limited gun?

Every time I go to bed at night, I pray that everyone that shoots against me does so with the most complicated gun possible.

My recurring nightmare is getting my ass thoroughly kicked again by Pat and his stock Argentinian 1911 that has no sights attached and no guide rod to speak of.

I like the feel better of standard rod.  :D  By the way, the guide rod has mercury. Try it and tell me how you feel. good luck dre.

achard,

Are you talking about a Sprinco having a mercury insert, or did you mean a Harrts? I wasn't aware of the Sprinco being loaded with mercury.

...Mark

I like the feel better of standard rod.  :D  By the way, the guide rod has mercury. Try it and tell me how you feel. good luck dre.

achard,

Are you talking about a Sprinco having a mercury insert, or did you mean a Harrts? I wasn't aware of the Sprinco being loaded with mercury.

...Mark

Mark,

Locally (Philippine) made, it's similar to springco and the smith added mercury in it.

achard,

...Mark

Mark,

Locally (Philippine) made, it's similar to springco and the smith added mercury in it.

Thanks, achard. I was beginning to think I had missed something big!