Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow trigger over travel screw

Nimitz

so i had to replace my hammer do to wear apparently caused by the over travel screw being set "too far in".

it had been such that the screw was just slightly protruding out the back of the trigger. i turned it CCW until it was flush with the back of the trigger and now when i slowly release the hammer while pulling the trigger it doesn't feel like it's scrapping against the sear.

my question is, how far out to folks have this set screw? The gun has the SRT as well, thx

Edited by Nimitz

yep, on my shadows (both) that run the old style 85 combat triggers and have the short reset disco's I could not wind out any overtravel at all before the hammer started dragging on the sear. both screws got taken out as any less overtravel than just the back of the trigger will be not enough.

I would suggest take the screw out. you don't need it.

Mine too, was scraping the sear when I manually lowered the hammer, so I tried backing OT screw out, and I stripped the screw head! It wouldn't budge... so I just filed and dremeled the portruding part of the OT screw behind the trigger pad until it was flush...never missed it and never looked back! :D

@keelingatlas do you have an extra 97B Trigger to sell ??

CZ USA wont ship to Puerto Rico....everybody else does since we are US territory

Edit: PM Responded

Edited by emjei

Tried to "TSify" a SA trigger on my Shadow by playing with the pretravel and overtravel. Conclusion: it isn't worth it, in terms of lost reliability. Learn to live with the trigger as it comes out of the factory.

Tried to "TSify" a SA trigger on my Shadow by playing with the pretravel and overtravel. Conclusion: it isn't worth it, in terms of lost reliability. Learn to live with the trigger as it comes out of the factory.

What you need to make the SA trigger more like the TS is shorter hammer hooks and internal polishing. I've tuned a sub 2# trigger on a SA using the by shorting the hooks on a stock hammer.