Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New 6" gun coming to US?

Nealio

it also looks like you guys will finally get the limited custom instead of the US only limited (basically a limited custom without the lightened slide) for the extreme model.

I like the look of the gold custom extreme but struggle to see why I'd want one over my eric 2010 model. all the important bits are the same. same length frame/slide. same barrel and comp. same cmore mount and thumb rest, same tiny magwell, same safeties all it has is the extreme bits and supposedly a trigger job. oh and the 'aero wings' on top of the cmore (for table starts). it even has the same stumpy racker. I could see it being say $300-$500 extra over a hard chrome eric (and personally I like the hard chrome and/or the GK finish better than the extreme finish) but not the rumored $2K.

I reckon a 2010 eric (same base gun) in HC or GK with $1000 worth of henning bits (that's what the full suite costs!!) and some small amount of tuning would be the nicer gun.

yep, just saw the eric custom extreme is $5844 USD on the EAA site!!! ouch!

I looked and saw retail on what they call the gold team was only $2300. so it's more than $3K extra.

is it right they used to sell the gold team without scope mount and scope? in other markets it comes with the scope mount and cmore rds mounted along with a few mags. but still, that's only about $300-$400 to add that. so call it $2800 vs $5800... I just can't see where that $3K is...

BeerBaron after all the complaining I've been doing lately, we might be finally catching up to you over there. ( maybe )

The extra $ 3000.00 for the GoldTeam is for Eric when he comes to shoot it for you.

I don't see where the extra $ 3000 large is worth it either.

Edited by gennaro

lol, if it comes with Erics brain in a jar that I can implant into my head it may be worthwhile.

The sad part is that here in aus it will probably be a AUD $6500 gun or even more. We can buy a nice SVI for that price over here. A really nice one.

That suddenly makes it a tough call. Originally the eric custom 2010 was $4000 aud with 5 magazines (the mags alone are $100 each here), recently it dropped to about $3600 aud (probably around $3200 USD) which was not too bad (about on par with what we pay for a STI trubore with just 1 mag). The aus version of course included a 6 MOA click switch cmore, cmore mount and thumb rest and the 5 mags.

So when it was priced the same as a trubore people who wanted something different would consider the eric. most would still go the proven open gun route of the STI but plenty chose the tanfoglio too (there are probably 6 people shooting tanfoglio open guns just in my club).

I know parts are expensive. If you bought a basic gold team and wanted to henning it up you're looking at $1K or so.

flat trigger kit - $125

henning/egw hammer and sear kit $175 (includes firing pin)

henning magwell $120

hammer and sear pin kit with reamers $75

titefit slide pin $35

spare trigger pin $18

base pads to suit magwell $40 each X 5 = $200

conefit guide rod $40

Grips $120

add in a cheely side mount (which not everyone will want) $100

and you get: $1008

On top of that you probably want a couple of recoil springs say $30, a set of plunger springs ($30) and the odd spare part. So yeah, it's an expensive upgrade.

But the parts they put in the extreme are no where near as expensive nor as comprehensive.

Extreme grips are 80 euro (but they don't give you the original gold team grips which are also 80 euro) so that's really $0.

xtreme hammer is 80 euro but again you don't get the regular delta hammer which is 42 euro. so ok, 40 euro.

xtreme trigger is 44 euro and in fact the stock single action trigger costs more! 52 euro so that's down 10 eu.

xtreme firing pin is 30 vs 15 for the standard one, so up 15 eu

xtreme guiderod is 35 vs 20 for the stock one so up another 15

xtreme bases are 35 eu but again you don't get the standard ones which are 25 eu for for 3 of them thats another 30 euro up

you get the aerowing which he sells for 50 euro

you get cerakote but you miss out on hard chrome (hard chrome is more $$ than cerakote)

you supposedly get a special hand fitted trigger job. lets call that 150 in labour (very generous I think)

So that's a total of 290 euro of ADDED value. sure you get a bunch of extreme bits but they save on not fitting any of the standard bits. upgrading the gun yourself you get both.

you get xtreme springs, but they are no more expensive than standard ones and you get the cmore, mount and thumbrest (which usually comes on the eric anyway). so call that another $350 of parts for the US version.

So 290 euro plus $350 USD is around $700 in bits over the old model gold team you guys get.

Plus I know plenty of guys prefer the hard chrome over the other finishes. it's certainly very durable.

I guess the other $2300 goes to the certificate you get with it.

I hate to sound like a complainer, or negative. The truth is I love the tanfoglio product and I'd happily buy the eric custom xtreme. but to me it should be approximately the same money as the old one. Maybe a couple hundred dollars extra.

Look at the new STI DVC. Way more value over the outgoing model (dual detent racker, full hard chrome and TiN coatings, new comp design, more mags etc etc) and it's basically the same price as the model it replaces. There's no justification for the eric xtreme to be that expensive over the regular model.