Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 gun ar flash hider

bceglinski

For 3 gun you are going to want a break or comp. With that said the Carbon Arms Gas Hog is a great place to start. Another favored is the Seekins precision ATC. Try to get your hands on a couple before you pull out your wallet. This topic get covered a lot, and "search" will find more info then you can handle. Good luck!

Edited by tacticalCOWBOY

+1 For the Gas Hog. Performance seems on par with any of the popular big name brakes but where it really stands out is lack of muzzle blast. I had no idea how much concussion bothered me till I swapped back and forth between the GH and Miculek one day comparing the two. And now my buddies don't hate being in the vicinity of my rifle when I'm shooting. That said, the Miculek does probably 90% of what anything 3 times the cost can do.

I started out with using the Spikes Tactical Dynacomp and was very happy with the performance. It's an excellent brake and it actually does a decent job of hiding muzzle flash also. I've since switched to the SJC Titan (aka, The Loudener) and LOVE it.

I've put a Fortis RED brake on my Limited rifle, and it's performed very well also. It's not quite as effective as the Titan, but it's also half the cost. It might be a good option for you.

I'm actually selling my Dynacomp if you'd be interested in it. PM me if so.

I have been looking at the miculek break the price is nice but you know what they say you get what you pay for.

With the Miculek you get a little more than you pay for. My favorite brake is the SJC Titan. I think it works a little better than the Miculek, but it's definitely not twice as good.