Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I Can't Decide on a Trigger for a 3Gun Build

Romanholiday1969

Like to ask you which Jared trigger 2, 3 or 4 lb did you go with, and how much creep is there to the break. Also did you install the trigger yourself,and if so was there a spring tweak to play with like the Geisselie. The Jared trigger sure does seem like a lot of trigger for the money

Mine is the 2# trigger with zero: pre-travel, creep or over travel. :)

Actually this was my first AR 15 build and I just watched a few AR build videos and read the instructions then I watched this video a couple time before I started the installation. https://video.search.yahoo.com/video/play;_ylt=A2KLqILU6sJUPjwAV9n7w8QF;_ylu=X3oDMTBzM3UzbjRzBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDdmlkBHZ0aWQDBGdwb3MDMTA-?p=jared+ar+15+trigger+installation&vid=25e02d8c0f3763ae91236cc57cce67bc&l=33%3A16&turl=http%3A%2F%2Fts3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DVN.608013455109587478%26pid%3D15.1&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fvimeo.com%2F3343700&tit=Primal+Rights%2C+Inc.+-+Jard+Trigger+Install&c=9&sigr=10o02nc82&sigt=11a3t6fn5&sigi=11rtrjmf7&age%5B0%5D=1235442220&fr2=p%3As%2Cv%3Av%2Cm%3Asa&hsimp=yhs-att_001&hspart=att&tt=b

I'm only familiar of Geisselie by name so I have nothing to say about them.

Everyone that has handled my gun flashes a BIG grin after they pull the trigger. :D

My smith was spot on with his recommendation, he told me I could spend more but there's no need to.

Just degrease the screws and holes, as instructed, apply the provided Loctite, install / adjust per the written instructions and forget about it after that. I found the above video was very helpful in clarifying the trigger installation and adjustments.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like a true single stage trigger, zero creep, not mushy, breaks like glass, no over-travel and a short reset. I have felt a lot of different triggers and a well tuned JP trigger is tuff to beat, mine breaks at 2 3/4 lbs.

Like to ask you which Jared trigger 2, 3 or 4 lb did you go with, and how much creep is there to the break. Also did you install the trigger yourself,and if so was there a spring tweak to play with like the Geisselie. The Jared trigger sure does seem like a lot of trigger for the money

Mine is the 2# trigger with zero: pre-travel, creep or over travel. :)

Actually this was my first AR 15 build and I just watched a few AR build videos and read the instructions then I watched this video a couple time before I started the installation. https://video.search.yahoo.com/video/play;_ylt=A2KLqILU6sJUPjwAV9n7w8QF;_ylu=X3oDMTBzM3UzbjRzBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDdmlkBHZ0aWQDBGdwb3MDMTA-?p=jared+ar+15+trigger+installation&vid=25e02d8c0f3763ae91236cc57cce67bc&l=33%3A16&turl=http%3A%2F%2Fts3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DVN.608013455109587478%26pid%3D15.1&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fvimeo.com%2F3343700&tit=Primal+Rights%2C+Inc.+-+Jard+Trigger+Install&c=9&sigr=10o02nc82&sigt=11a3t6fn5&sigi=11rtrjmf7&age%5B0%5D=1235442220&fr2=p%3As%2Cv%3Av%2Cm%3Asa&hsimp=yhs-att_001&hspart=att&tt=b

I'm only familiar of Geisselie by name so I have nothing to say about them.

Everyone that has handled my gun flashes a BIG grin after they pull the trigger. :D

My smith was spot on with his recommendation, he told me I could spend more but there's no need to.

Just degrease the screws and holes, as instructed, apply the provided Loctite, install / adjust per the written instructions and forget about it after that. I found the above video was very helpful in clarifying the trigger installation and adjustments.

+1 for Jard.

> 10k rounds with my Jard trigger. Love it. And it's relatively inexpensive. Have JP and CMC too. Many good choices.

Well I suppose one could say that the hammer reset and the trigger reset are two different things. The bolt may reset the hammer but you could have like 40lb springs or something pushing the trigger forward for a faster reset. Theoretically.

Well I suppose one could say that the hammer reset and the trigger reset are two different things. The bolt may reset the hammer but you could have like 40lb springs or something pushing the trigger forward for a faster reset. Theoretically.

Yes, theoretically, but can us mere mortals make use of such advantages?

With so many choices its hard to judge based on price and performance, but anything is better than the stock group

I sure wish there was a "Like" tab, you nailed it with that post. :cheers:

So many choices but too few of dollars, at least from where I'm posting.

My $130 , 2# trigger, should serve me well for many rounds plus let me spend more $$$ for ammo and practice :D

You must buy at least 2 triggers to try. Then you can post about the one that YOU prefer. It is optional to post the list of reasons your second choice came up short at only 97% in your testing. This is requirement of being a forum member, not?

You must buy at least 2 triggers to try. Then you can post about the one that YOU prefer. It is optional to post the list of reasons your second choice came up short at only 97% in your testing. This is requirement of being a forum member, not?

I am going to venture a guess that most people have tried two triggers, Mil-spec and the one they bought, to any level of testing that would actually be beneficial for a critique.

I am going to venture a guess that most people have tried two triggers, Mil-spec and the one they bought, to any level of testing that would actually be beneficial for a critique.

So far, guns in the safe have Timney, JP, CMC, Hiperfire and Armalite 2 stage triggers. Honestly, the only thing is going from a single stage to 2 stage trigger, otherwise it makes no difference to my index finger. However, I'm old and slow and the internet oriented people are all about the hype, and not the kind of experimentation of the shooters that wanted to try what THEY liked as opposed to some stranger. :roflol:

So far, guns in the safe have Timney, JP, CMC, Hiperfire and Armalite 2 stage triggers. . :roflol:

Did those guns come with those triggers or did you install them?

If you needed a new trigger would you get one of the five you already have or would you go for something different?

Thanks,

Steve

I've been a huge fan of the JP EZ Trigger for the last year and thank JP for a great trigger. I like the CMC as well for an easy inexpensive drop in. Hyperfire didn't do it for me. AR Gold was my overall favorite but I didn't like the narrow trigger shoe. I recently got to play with the ELF 3-Gun trigger and that's what I'll be running from now on when I can afford one. It's an amazing trigger, super crisp trigger pull, very fast and no creep or anything what so ever. Easy to adjust too. Flat or curved trigger options. Cool design.

Its always fun to try something new, but the latest fad is not always for everyone.

Each time I try a new trigger, I typically don't like it right away because it is different from what I have become used to. But, using something for a while gains more confidence. My 2 cents.

If you are looking for a new trigger, best to try a few of the popular choices, as this will better help narrow your choice over opinions of others. Lots of good choices have been mentioned here, each with a following and also those who have tried and did not like them.

Don't sweat the choice too much, that is part of the AR experience, always adding something new :D

So far, guns in the safe have Timney, JP, CMC, Hiperfire and Armalite 2 stage triggers. . :roflol:
Did those guns come with those triggers or did you install them?

If you needed a new trigger would you get one of the five you already have or would you go for something different?

Thanks,

Steve

I installed all of them. The 2 CMC triggers were from prize tables. The Armalite 2 stage is currently in the lower that I used for Highpower, but now has a Grendel upper on it. I tried a Timney in my LR 308, but it would not ignite Hornady Steel Match. The hammer spring is the same as the 3 pound .223 version with return spring set heavier.

My JP has less travel than the HiperFire, and has been totally reliable with the light springs even with my Nordic .22 upper. The Hiperfire is a good clean trigger.

Since I like to tinker, I might try another brand, if the price was decent.

I did dryfire a friends AR Gold, and didn't like the feel of the narrow trigger, and to me the so called first stage felt "floppy".

I did dryfire a friends AR Gold, and didn't like the feel of the narrow trigger, and to me the so called first stage felt "floppy".

There are SO many inappropriate comments that could be made about that sentence. :roflol:

Mark, floppy, sloppy, whatever. I didn't see the hype of the trigger.

Maybe it needed some of Kurt's oleo on it. :devil:

I am not a huge fan either. Near as I can tell, the long first pull allows near out of control speed slapping the trigger without bump firing, then the final take-up for the long precise shots.

"I can't decide on a trigger for a 3Gun build"

I really recommend that you get a trigger, it is really hard to shoot an AR without one. While you contemplate a trigger, I would also urge you to get a hammer as well or you will have a very quiet AR build.