Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Prefered style match/stages?

I always have fun at a Pete Rensing match, most stages have good flow with movement and shooting.

Hard as Hell multi gun was a great match for a physical challenge.

A mix is good. I like that most matches have there own personality. Ive never shot an open terrain match like RMM3G but would like to someday.

I'd shoot rather shoot one 600 second stage for a match score than 30 stages that were 20 seconds.

Not quite sure how I'd carry that much ammo though...... May need to call for a resupply about 1/2 way through.

Edited by Bryan 45

Mix it up. Long stages and short stages. Technical with movers and challenging positions. Close-range hosers and long-range accuracy. Lots of thinking and options for shooting the stage different ways (ideally with multiple gun options). Quality over quantity. ALL STAGES OF EQUAL VALUE. Winner is the most well-rounded and adaptable shooter over the whole event.

Edited by StealthyBlagga

I'd shoot rather shoot one 600 second stage for a match score than 30 stages that were 20 seconds.

Not quite sure how I'd carry that much ammo though...... May need to call for a resupply about 1/2 way through.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MEGA-Stage-Match/690543457680786

Match winners are well over 300 seconds, over 400 if you add in the precision par time. A few people were close to 600, but no one timed out. About 230 seconds in, people's dispositions change, it is kind of odd to witness. Love to have you this year. :)

For the record, long technical blind stages are my favorites. :devil:

That gives me an idea. A match that's like a trail of stages, and you pack everything with you that you need. Lol, probably not a new idea, though. And it wouldn't be very inclusive. But it would be a fun day! And a nightmare to administer. Edited by BobS761

That gives me an idea. A match that's like a trail of stages, and you pack everything with you that you need. Lol, probably not a new idea, though. And it wouldn't be very inclusive. But it would be a fun day! And a nightmare to administer.

Sounds a lot like Trooper Division, except timing the whole thing. I'll bet you could do it someplace like Benning, where they have a continuous road that runs along a bunch of separate ranges.

I personally tend to think that a major match 3-Gun stage that doesn't take the best shooters at least 30 seconds to shoot is kind of a waste of range space. I voted for a mix—give me a couple of 30–40 second bay stages, a couple of 80+ second terrain stages, a few 50-yard pistol targets, some good slug targets...

Having shot my first Blue Ridge last year, I know I will definitely take a match of all 100+ second physical stages over a match of all 20–30 second hosefest stages, though.

I want a mix of stages. The Surefire World match in Vegas that Pete Rensing put on may have been one of the best mixes of stage types I've seen yet. I loved the Ironman stage that many people were over 200 seconds on, the medium sized stages with mixed amounts of each gun, and the fast 3GunNation style stages we started on.

Not that I don't like matches that are primarily one type of stage, because I do, but variety is the spice of life!