Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Trigger- Flat Vs. Curved

Metallurgist

I've gone to flat or a top curve trigger.

Flats seem to be somewhat more forgiving on where I place my finger on it (top or bottom or middle etc)

Top curves help keep the joint off the side of the pistol on some guns depends on how thick the grips are.

I haven't taken the time or money to put all the same grips on all my 1911's

The 2011 I use flats because I shoot them better. (tested over several years and guns)

Started with curved because another shooter told me my finger is round so I should use a curved trigger. I like the looks of the flat trigger much better and put one on my gun anyway. LOVE IT! No problems with round finger working on a flat trigger!

I buy the gunsmith blank STI triggers and shorten them until the pad of my finger is in an ideal position with my grip. Gripping the gun as high as I can puts my finger on the top of the trigger face, so a flat trigger with a straight back pull means I experience a light trigger pull weight and short reset. The lack of a curve means my finger doesn't try to slide down the face of the trigger.

When I shoot a Glock or similar gun I grip the gun high and end up with a heavy trigger as the leverage is not in my favor.

I do like curved triggers on DA revos as I use the first joint of my finger to actuate the trigger and the curved face helps me keep my finger in position.

Another vote for the sti gunsmith fit flat trigger. Being able to fine tune the length is awesome. Sure the SVI triggers look way cooler, but in a STI frame seems like a lot of hassle for bling.

Besides being able to fine tune with the flat trigger I prefer the feel of a flat to a curved. For me it gives better feedback to how much pressure I am applying to the trigger.

Good luck amigo!

Guess I'm in the minority but I started with a medium curve, went to top curves, then flat, then to short curve. Finally I found the one I like. Thank God I only had to change out the pad, gotta love the SV trigger! I will say I like the look of the flat triggers but they just didn't agree with me no matter how much I practiced.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk