Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

20 Degree Weather

bountyhunter

Good luck up there Youngeyes. Even as they complain around here about the "cold", I remind them of those of you who live in the north/east/northwet/Dakotas/central plain states or the mountain states who know what that word really means. Alaska? Well they are waaaay up there where you can expect this kind of weather annually.

I'm with you! I'm not a winter person at all. I was in a store today and a lady said it was such a nice day outside! It's been cloudy for so long, when she saw sunshine through the window she equated that to a nice day. I think it topped out at 27 today? Sunshine does not always mean nice!!

27 and sunny is beautiful if there's no wind. Good for shooting, good for xc skiing with the dogs, even good for going for a walk.

I'm with you! I'm not a winter person at all. I was in a store today and a lady said it was such a nice day outside! It's been cloudy for so long, when she saw sunshine through the window she equated that to a nice day. I think it topped out at 27 today? Sunshine does not always mean nice!!

27 and sunny is beautiful if there's no wind. Good for shooting, good for xc skiing with the dogs, even good for going for a walk.

To each his own my friend. Too each his own. :)

i agree 100%.. probably has to be no humidity too. hard for people to grasp that 20 /sunny/clear/calm can feel so warm

one day last year, it was -15, but calm/clear/sunny.. only needed a light fleece layer needed. at+20 it can be downright balmy

no matter where you live, your expectation of the temperature, changes your whole outlook

Good luck up there Youngeyes. Even as they complain around here about the "cold", I remind them of those of you who live in the north/east/northwet/Dakotas/central plain states or the mountain states who know what that word really means. Alaska? Well they are waaaay up there where you can expect this kind of weather annually.

I lived on Cape Cod (Massachusetts) for a year. The wind blows 30+ mph there every second of every day. North Atlantic on 3 sides of the place. Winter wind chills probably -20. I remember one day we had heavy snow overnight that drifted the front side of the house and we had to get shovels and dig out the front door to the house. But I was young then.

When you live in California, your body just doesn't expect to be frozen like this and certainly not for weeks at a time.