Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 Ohio CCGunworks Buckeye Blast

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There were 5 Open GMs and doesn't show as classifier for Open.

Yeah but the guy who won is some punk kid and the guy is second is just a part time GM lol

No those guys are good enough that should have counted.

Don't you have to contact HQ for it to count as a classifier? Don't believe it happens automatically, no one at HQ looks through every level 2 and up to see who shot it.

It has to be submitted to count as a classifier by the MD (which is always has in the past). HQ picks which divisions will and which won't... last year, Open and Limited both did, but Production didn't because there were only two GMs that shot in it.

Edited by AJE

Don't you have to contact HQ for it to count as a classifier? Don't believe it happens automatically, no one at HQ looks through every level 2 and up to see who shot it.

It has to be submitted to count as a classifier by the MD (which is always has in the past). HQ picks which divisions will and which won't... last year, Open and Limited both did, but Production didn't because there were only two GMs that shot in it.

That is correct! The match must be initially submitted as a classifier when setting things up with HQ.

If there are enough GMs who shoot at a high level, as deemed by HQ, then your percentage in the overall results would be used as a percentage to calculate your classification.

Let's say Bob Vogel, Nils Jonassan, and Travis Tomasie showed up and all were top 3 in Limited. Your percentage of what the winner shot would be used as a classifier score. If Vogel won and was 100% for the match and you got 59%, your 59% would be used in the monthly calculations.

Some GMs are more equal than others, I guess.

This is correct. from the classifier booklet:

Scores From Major Matches

A shooter’s performance in larger matches and tournaments may also be used to help establish a classification. In order for overall scores from a Level II or Level III match to be entered as a classifier, the match director must submit an Application for Level II or Level III match with the “Results for Classification” check box marked. Please note that there is no guarantee that the overall results will be used. As a minimum requirement, the results and competitor list will be reviewed at the USPSA office to determine whether enough top shooters completed the match and performed at a level high enough to be considered a national standard. If the match is determined to have satisfied all of the requirements, the final score of the match may be entered as a classification score for each shooter. Each division is evaluated based on this criteria so it may be possible for scores from one division to be used while the other division is not.

Sarge- That excerpt is why I posted the question about clarifying the process in the USPSA forums. It is vague at best, but I understand why it is worded that way. I just wonder if there shouldn't be a more specific detail, if ever so slight.

bocker, I know how you feel. I am 1.2% away from master class in limited. If this counts as a classifer I think I'm an M next month. Only 2 GM's shot though, so I don't know.

Keep in mind though, even if ten GM's shot it and it was not registered as a classifier match it won't count.

bocker, I know how you feel. I am 1.2% away from master class in limited. If this counts as a classifer I think I'm an M next month. Only 2 GM's shot though, so I don't know.

Keep in mind though, even if ten GM's shot it and it was not registered as a classifier match it won't count.
email Val or Roger

This is the response I got from HQ.

Good afternoon Kevin,

To have your scores count the best way is to have the club submit a

correction with your USPSA number. We will usually catch it here when

entering the scores but I would recommend having the club submit the

correction. If there is anything else I can help you with please let me

know.

Thank you

Heather Holeman

USPSA/SCSA Membership Coordinator

United States Practical Shooting Association

There were 5 Open GMs and doesn't show as classifier for Open.

Your performance in larger matches and tournaments may also be used to help establish classification. Placement in a major event with a score above your assigned class percentage may result in your being promoted to a higher class, even if your current average is lower. Winning first or second in class at an Area Championship or Major Tournament AND shooting into the next higher class may result in promotion (except to Grand Master); winning High Overall in an Area Championship may promote you to Grand Master class. In addition, if you score 95% or higher at a USPSA national championship, you will be immediately moved to Grand Master class for that division

This match was a Level II