Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Reloding ritual...

carlosa

Why do you take the time to put all of the cases in a box, case mouth down, then spray One Shot on the headstamp, and then mix them up?

Wouldn't it be easier to throw them in a box, make sure they're all on their sides, ( a lot easier than making sure they're all end up ) and then spray one shot on them?

I use the cardboard flats you get from a Case of water at Costco. I can throw them in that an in seconds have them all on their sides. You spray the case lube on the part of the case that needs it, not the bottom.

Just curious why you do it that way. I'm always trying to learn, so if you have a reason why that's better, id love to hear it.

Also, the black metal flange that the fail safe rod feeds through looks loose? is it just the way it's filmed, or is it that loose?

First I would say, if you never lubed your pistol brass try it...

Your press will glide!!!

Once you try it you never go back :)

So my reason for setting the brass upside down comes from an expirince I had when I first states loading.

I used Dillon case lube and many times was ending up with lube inside the case which was affecting ignition allot.

once I figured that problem out I started lubing my brass mouth down to make sure no lube gets inside the case. Just kept with that ever sence even dough I now use one shot which is much better :)

The second reason I do the box thing is because it makes it easy to count brass (200 pieces in every box), and it eliminates the chances of 10mm or 357 sig accidently making it into the collator...

Looks like a Mr Bulletfeeder to me. I have one, got it three months ago. I'll never load again without it!! It's not difficult to setup, just a little bit of a pain to fine tune. There are two things to adjust to get the bullets always oriented correctly. When I loaded 9mm, it was easy. for some reason when i switched to 40 it was a little trickier to get it right. Also, since it mounts up high, getting up on a ladder was necessary for me ( and i'm 6'4" ). But difficult, no.

Carlos, check out the 2X powder hopper on Uniqueteks website! Anyone that loads on a 650 with a Case and Bulletfeeder should get one IMO. It's obviously not hard to refill the hopper, but the 2x hopper is just a little nicer.

Why do you take the time to put all of the cases in a box, case mouth down, then spray One Shot on the headstamp, and then mix them up?

Wouldn't it be easier to throw them in a box, make sure they're all on their sides, ( a lot easier than making sure they're all end up ) and then spray one shot on them?

I use the cardboard flats you get from a Case of water at Costco. I can throw them in that an in seconds have them all on their sides. You spray the case lube on the part of the case that needs it, not the bottom.

Just curious why you do it that way. I'm always trying to learn, so if you have a reason why that's better, id love to hear it.

Also, the black metal flange that the fail safe rod feeds through looks loose? is it just the way it's filmed, or is it that loose?

The way I do it to avoid both lube inside the case and having the put them side ways is to use a plastic tray and spray the tray and then put the brass in and then mix them around. If you have a lot to do, use one tray to spray and then transfer the brass to another tray and keep spraying and mixing the brass.

I'm not sure what part that is... Whats The fail safe rod?

i was talking about this part, circled in red. Not sure if it was just the camera angle or what, but it looked like it was loose in one of the scenes.

Capture_zps8a531c97.jpg

I'm not sure what part that is... Whats The fail safe rod?

i was talking about this part, circled in red. Not sure if it was just the camera angle or what, but it looked like it was loose in one of the scenes.

Capture_zps8a531c97.jpg

Thanks!!!

I just checked it and yes it is loose.

Good catch, that was not in purpose :)

• 2 weeks later...

I was with you right up until I watched you carefully place the brass in the box before lubing. Looks quite time consuming.

Here's how I count 9mm cases. It works equally well for 40 S&W if you use 45 ACP ammo trays. You'll also notice that this technique makes it a simple task to flip the cases with the head stamp facing upwards. Take a look... I would think you could adapt this technique to your process and speed things along.

I was with you right up until I watched you carefully place the brass in the box before lubing. Looks quite time consuming.

Here's how I count 9mm cases. It works equally well for 40 S&W if you use 45 ACP ammo trays. You'll also notice that this technique makes it a simple task to flip the cases with the head stamp facing upwards. Take a look... I would think you could adapt this technique to your process and speed things along.

Yeah I recently switched to using a Dillon (45/40) box I ripped the lead of off. Works great :) Edited by carlosa