Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ELF 3 Gun Trigger

troupe

I'm trying one out right now. Seem to be a very nice setup with a super crisp trigger break and quick reset. Love the flat trigger shoe and the trigger pull is adjustable from right around 2# to 4#. I can't get over how sweet the the feel of the trigger pull is compared to my JP EZ Trigger.

I have one in my 9mm AR. Good trigger....break and reset very similar to a Timney. Unlike the Timney, the ELF is easy to adjust. I have the curved trigger blade on mine. And being completely modular, you can swap out hammer, trigger blade, etc.

I have or have owned/shot many AR triggers. And for me, the AR Gold works best. But everyone has their favorite. Give the ELF a try. You should be happy with it.

I have one in my 9mm AR. Good trigger....break and reset very similar to a Timney. Unlike the Timney, the ELF is easy to adjust. I have the curved trigger blade on mine. And being completely modular, you can swap out hammer, trigger blade, etc.

I have or have owned/shot many AR triggers. And for me, the AR Gold works best. But everyone has their favorite. Give the ELF a try. You should be happy with it.

How would you compare it to the AR Gold? AR Gold is what I have been running and really like it, but I do prefer a flat trigger as a personal preference. If I could heat and flatten the AR Gold trigger without fear of breaking it, I would.

Well the ELF trigger is a single stage. The break and resent are good, but not as nice or short as the AR Gold. Overall it is a decent trigger and with the ability to "mix and match" the hammer, springs, and trigger blade, it is unique in that aspect.

World I buy another one? Hmmm.....probably not. I like to try new things so I might try something different down the road.

Well the ELF trigger is a single stage. The break and resent are good, but not as nice or short as the AR Gold. Overall it is a decent trigger and with the ability to "mix and match" the hammer, springs, and trigger blade, it is unique in that aspect.

World I buy another one? Hmmm.....probably not. I like to try new things so I might try something different down the road.

Wow, the manufacturer's video showed a really short break and reset. It's hard to believe the Gold is shorter. I will have to say that for me the Gold does have the advantage of being 2-stage. I hate to say it, but the ELF trigger being single stage with that short of a break seems dangerous to me.

I need to know more about this trigger. Needle bearings and skeletonized.... jeez mine as well put free beer in there.

I've always wanted to try the ar gold but none of my friends has ever had one. I went with the geissele SD3G and love it. But this trigger seems very interesting. If they can reduce enough drag it should be the smoothest trigger out there.

Look at it this way. If you do not factor in the AR Gold's first stage, you end up with a extreamly short pull. So really the ELF is no more "dangerous" then any other trigger.

Like the AR Gold, double taps with the ELF is VERY easy. I have it in a 9mm AR so if you "do it just right" you can get some nice bumpfire action. :goof:

The whole needle bearing thing is cool, but to be honest I can not really tell/feel the difference as far as "drag" goes when compairing it to a CMC or Timney trigger. I am sure it does not hurt having them.

Get one and try it out. Maybe it will be the holy grail of triggers for you. I have owned/shot, Jewel, JP, Geissele, Timney, AR Gold, CMC, worked over LPK triggers, etc. And I still keep going back to the AR Gold.

I want to try one of the Wilson triggers one of these days. Maybe for my next build.

Get one and try it out. Maybe it will be the holy grail of triggers for you. I have owned/shot, Jewel, JP, Geissele, Timney, AR Gold, CMC, worked over LPK triggers, etc. And I still keep going back to the AR Gold.

I want to try one of the Wilson triggers one of these days. Maybe for my next build.

Try a Jard. I use mostly CMCs, but when I want to dress up, I use the Jard.

Thanks for all of the input. I have a Gold, Geissele, JP, Rock River, and a Jard. I have not installed the Jard yet, but will soon. The Gold does reset quick. I have been shooting the Geissele in my match gun, but may go back to the Gold. Will give the Jard a try soon. Want to hear more about the ELF, I do like the flat design.

My team mate and I have been using the Elf match and the 3 gun versions. We both went from a CMC to the Elf and we are not looking back. . The CMC is a great trigger but the Elf makes it feel like I'm cheating. With my trigger gauge mine is set a little above 3 pounds but when you squeeze, has the feel of a built 1911 trigger. .

I recently got my hands on the Elf 3 Gun Trigger and it is absolutely amazing. I had other triggers that I thought were crisp, now I no longer think they are after playing with the Elf. It truly is a glass break feel with very little overtravel and very little reset. They are very easy to install and you can even change out trigger if you want a straight or curved trigger, and hammers if you want a skeletonized hammer or not. I even dropped one in my M&P 15-22 and it ran perfect with CCI Mini Mags.

I compared the ELF 3-Gun trigger with a flat trigger shoe to a few other triggers I had laying around from Hyperfire, Geissele (S3G and SSA), Timney, JP EZ trigger and a CMC and I think the trigger feel is much better on the ELF. I like the ease of adjustment and the super fast splits I can obtain with it. I had an AR Gold for a while but didn't like the narrow trigger or the lack of easy adjustability, by the time I had the AR Gold where I liked it the trigger wobbled and didn't feel right. I'm planning to run the ELF 3-Gun trigger some more as it really seems like what I've been looking for in a single stage trigger for 3-Gun in my CTR-02.

• 3 weeks later...