Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RIA 2011 .40 - Difference between Tactical and Pro Match?

recoilchamp

Anyone know the difference between these two Rock Island Armory 2011 .40 Tactical and Pro Match models?

51738 - .40 Pro Match

51738A_1.jpg

51782 - High Capacity Tactical

51782_2011-a1_tac-hicap-vz_fs_40sw_webii

The only differences I can find are the full rail on the Pro Match and different sights (though both are adjustable). Any idea what might make the Pro Match better or worse as a USPSA Limited gun?

I'm thinking of the promatch also.i got the wife a 9mm tac and besides the trigger is a little gritty feeling i was impressed by the accuracy and the slide fit.What would a good trigger job cost roughly?I'm thinking shoot this one 'till i have more experience at uspsa to decide what will be my dream gun,that and the wife wants to shoot so I'll have to buy 2 complete rigs.

I also have the 9mm tactical and the Pro Match. The Pro Match is the way to go for Limited. Both of my pistols are very accurate. The difference is minimal, the dust cover is heavier, better trigger pull, adjustable sights, and checkered front strap. For the money, you won't find a better pistol for the game.

Here's the response from Armscor:

The 51738 is the 40 cal pro Match
Hand built in our custom shop
Full rail with no accessory cuts, it is smooth
LPA target sights

The 51782 is 40 cal VZ 2011
Production pistol
Full rail with accessory cuts
LPA adjustable rear
Fiber optic front

I am thinking of posting my Pro Match in the classifieds but just don't know if I want to let it go. It has shot one of the smallest groups I ever shot with a 40. The Para mags work fine in my gun and they hold 20 rounds.

• 4 weeks later...

It will fit into H&S Speedsec for an STI, but loosely; I don't think I will use it for it anymore. I have a Bladetech for an Edge that fits well. The trigger guard is standard 1911, but the dust cover is STI Edge.

• 1 month later...