Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

why no Tavor in 3gun ?

RippSpeed

Haha its like shooting a revo at a uspsa match instead of an open gun. Its probably a good cross training tool to practice trigger control. but sight -bore offset is killer.

also even with some 2850 fps reloads through it. it has notably more recoil than the most basic carbine AR15.

Unless you're Jerry Miculek [emoji2]

Don't have one, and don't want one unless someone gave it to me. Then it would be fun to play with, but I could find a lot more uses for the money. However, if I understand correctly, the Israeli military seems to like them. They're some fairly serious dudes, so I wouldn't totally discount the gun.

I can't believe Eric Miller hasn't posted yet. He loves his Tavor! Or he did a couple years ago anyway.

Well.....there's love and then there's love....

Very reliable, very heavy for caliber (16" .223), very high sight to bore offset, very heavy trigger (kind of New York Glock heavy).

I shoot maybe 1.5-2 times the ammo of my JP AR on a long range stage, had stringing issues until I did the "free float mod".

That said, I will never get a shorter rifle unless I go SBR and the factory makes a left handed version JUST FOR ME!!!!....

....and it's COOL!

Will I 3-gun with it every once and a while?......ABSOLUTELY!

ericm