Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brazos Custom

tpcdvc

NO Question about it Bob builds GREAT GUNS!!!!!!!

But You do have other options? and all do build great guns try

Dan Bedell, Benny Hill or mabe Dave Dawson.

My favorite smith is Bedell. :D

Find some freinds who have real custom guns and try them, your probly better off spending LOTS of time shooting other peoples guns

than spending LOTS of money on a gun that does not fit YOU...

GOOD LUCK Kevin

Tim,

I got my Pro Sx the Tuesday before the 2004 Area 3, fired 181 rounds out of it before the match and finished 8th in Open on Saturday. Other than Nationals (where I finished 12th), I have not finished outside of the top 10 at a match with this gun. The guns that Bob builds are simply amazing machines, and I've yet to handle a gun that I felt was better built, they work 100% when you get them. Not to mention, Bob and Ingi are a true pleasure to deal with, and support the sport pretty much as well as anyone.

Tim,

Bob builds the most beautifull and reliable guns in the business...but most importantly-he is a pleasure to deal with. Four members of "Team Shooters Paradise" shoot his guns with huge success! I have dealt with many gunsmiths and companies in the past so I can say with great experience that you will be extremely pleased with his guns. If you are looking for a limited gun, you may want to talk to him about possibly building you a BCG Pro SC Limited. His turn around time is not long for these wonderfull limited guns. Whatever you decide, please give Bob a call first. He will give you great (FREE) advise on the building/completion of your future racegun-even if he doesn't ultimately build it.

RonF

In light of the fact that if your gun has to go back to the builder, you'll be spending $35+ each way, giving the builder a extra hundred or two to make sure the job gets done right seems like moolah well-spent. Unless one has the facilities to turn three+ raceguns a week, it's got to be hell making a living as a gunsmith.

Having not seen Bob driving a Ferrari lately, and from some other discussions with smiths, the parts all cost about the same, and shop rates are about the same. What you pay for is what parts you get and how much shop work you get.

Do you need $3000 worth of work and parts to get a good gun? No. Will you get more for $3000 than you get for $2000? Yes. Is that difference important to you? That's for you to decide.

• 1 year later...

I would never have bought his gun intentionally. Then one day I shot one. Then another day, one became available at a really good price. I bought it.

Now, I would not have anything else.

For me, he has the nicest trigger of any gun I have shot.

There are other guns available, but I love my Brazos.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a Brazos lim gun and by far it's the most accurate and reliable gun I've ever shot. 5,000 rnds no failures of any kind (except a squib) When I take it apart to clean it I can see the quality. You get what you pay for.

I'm Thinking of having Bob build me a limited pistol and was just wanting to hear form some folks who own them and get some feedback.

Thanks,

Tim

• 5 weeks later...

Go with Bob. I just sunk 2200 bucks into a gun (STI Edge)from Dawson Precision with the "reliability package" added in. When I recieved the weapon, it was extremely 'picky' about which STI mags it would feed and the weapon wasn't even built to the specs I had ordered (flat trigger, extended mag release were left off.) Dave has excellent customer service, but he needs it because you'll be sending the gun back to him!!

I've had to do it to two different guns I ordered from him.

Save the frustration and go with a Brazos Custom.

• 2 weeks later...

Two words about Brazos.......... "The Best". I have both the Brazos Pro SC (full size) and the Brazos Pro SX (shorty) and they are both unbelievable guns. Work 100% every time out so now my only excuse is my own poor shooting!

And, like others have said, Bob and Ingi are super people to deal with.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks everyone. I really appreciate your input. All of you were a great help.

Tim

I ordered a limited from Benny Hill about 4 or 5 weeks ago I have not got it yet. I hear he makes a gun that is a hell of a shooter. Bobs guns are less expensive. If you talk with Benny you might want to call don't email he don't answer the emails. I will report about the gun when I get it. :huh:

• 2 months later...

I've been trying to shoot a Brazos Custom Open gun since '97. I don't like shooting Open but Bob does as good a job as anyone which is why he gets his price for his work. Bob, like Dave Dawson and Benny Hill is a top notch shooter and knows what it takes to make the guns work and how to tune them to your style of shooting. He will give you load data and tips to make your shooting easier. I know a couple local GMs who shoot Bob's guns as well as one who shoots Benny's. They all run. The gun I'm shooting now was a Benny Hill experiment on a 5" gun cut like his 6" "fat free" gun. This the best trigger job I've ever had for pull and durability. I have a Dawson gun that has run like a hose for years!

Bottom line, all these guys are top shooters AND gunsmiths! The combination makes for a good competition gun no matter what your preferance might be.

Mick

A27257

Senior class rules!

Depends on the turn around for me...I don't mind spending what they want to charge if the turn around is fast...what I don't see is sending them 1500 bucks and waiting for a year to hear that they will complete your pistol in 90 more days and to send the rest of the money...

If I get that one time, I am gone...just no excuse for that...I don;t mind waiting for a while, but if they tell me 10 weeks, 10 weeks and one day I am on the phone...this yr long waiting list is stupid

Edited by tightloop