Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sti Marauder for limited?

3djedi

Would the Marauder in .40 make a good limited gun? Seems like it is pretty much just like an eagle with a tac rail. With the bushing barrel and short dust cover I could use it in limited, IDPA ESP, and 3-gun no problem. I just haven't seen any reviews of the marauder at all...........

http://www.stiguns.com/the-sti-marauder/

says 9mm only but I have seen a .40...

I looked it up and the 5" eagle is $2019, the 6" is $2099, and the 5" marauder is $2199. I guess for $200 you get the tactical magwell and the nitride coating

edit... Dawson has the eagle for $1899 and the CRP eagle for $1999

Edited by 3djedi

I think the Marauder would do just as fine as any of the other STI 2011 models. Just depends on what you're needing it for. +1 to the comment about needing a rail. Do you?

No, I don't need the rail but I like the way it looks with the rail. Plus, it's nice to have the option of clamping a light on the there if I ever do a night shoot!

Check over at shooters connection They have their special edition Marauders in .40 for $1,999. Only thing is they are blued and not nitride.

Awesome! Thank you.

What's special about it? Is it special edition just because it .40?

Pretty much. You can email Chuck and ask him if there is anything else about it. He is very accessible and will go out of his way to help you out.

Ok this is weird......

I called Dawson precision to see if they had the marauder in .40 and he said he never heard of it..... He called STI directly and called me back and STI told him they do not make a marauder in .40 period.

So this is being put together by some 3rd party?

I emailed Chuck at shooters connection and he assured me these were made by STI.

Chuck/the guys at SC wouldn't make that up.

If they did get them converted by someone afterwards, the price would be a lot higher.

They've gotten VIPs in 38 super, also.

IIRC, you can get special runs from STI as long as you order 10 minimum (although that may have changed).

From what I've gathered SC is getting out of the STI business. Any deals they have going are a 1 time offer. They have some sweet deals on guns they don't intend on replacing. If you can swing the cost, buy now.

Edited by v1911

From the SC website:

"Shooter's Connection limited edition of the Marauder. This run has a blued finish and is not cerekote. Depsite what some at STI will say about a 40 Mirauder not existing this gun was built by STI for us on a Special Run. Seems we know more about STI than those at STI now."

From the SC website:

"Shooter's Connection limited edition of the Marauder. This run has a blued finish and is not cerekote. Depsite what some at STI will say about a 40 Mirauder not existing this gun was built by STI for us on a Special Run. Seems we know more about STI than those at STI now."

He must of put that up after I emailed him

Is it just me or does he sound a little bitter towards STI?

I hope I can shed a little light on this. STI will make any gun they offer, in any configuration you want, with any options you want....you just have to buy a batch of them. I forget the number but it's something like 20 or so. I would bet that Chuck at S.C. asked them to make a special edition run of them, knowing that they'd be able to sell them. I know this because I collect STI Tactical .40 pistols that STI made for some Special Forces Trials a while back. I like that model but wished it had Bomar rear sights. Turns out that STI made a batch of them for testing by the US armed forces with the Bomar rear sights. When I begged the reps at STI to make this option available they said no...unless I wanted to buy a batch. Then, you can have anything you want.

Hope this clears it up,

Cheers623

DVC

Yea I'm sure that he probably has gotten enough questions about it to add that to the description. Just like what they tell you in school, if you work up the nerve to ask the question, there are probably 5 more people who have the same question but didn't ask.

And yea he does seem a bit peeved at them, I wonder why that would be?

Yea I'm sure that he probably has gotten enough questions about it to add that to the description. Just like what they tell you in school, if you work up the nerve to ask the question, there are probably 5 more people who have the same question but didn't ask.

And yea he does seem a bit peeved at them, I wonder why that would be?

STI just went dealer direct, Brazos and Dawson are the only online companies that will still sell STI guns to individuals. But they can no longer offer dealer discounts to FFL holders, which is how I was buying for the shop from Dawson. Now I cant get them through STI because I don't have a retail showroom. SC and Oakhill are also out. There's a long thread over on 1911forum about this and which models are discontinued.