Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bought my First Glock

djeffers

Personally, I love the 1911/2011. So it was hard for me to take this step (I feel like this is some sort of confessional)......buying a glock. I got a Glock 17 on the blue label program and thought it was too good of a deal to pass up. Anyway, now to find some time to shoot it and maybe I can give the GSSF a try (assuming the boss(aka wife)) lets me.

I picked up my first Glock about six months ago. A Gen 4 G34. So far I've put the Taran Tactical sights on it, Ghost 3.5 connector, and I just put a KKM barrel in it. Extended mag release is next. I shoot Tuesday Night Steel with it. Can't believe in 30 years of shooting that I never owned a Glock until now!

Personally, I love the 1911/2011. So it was hard for me to take this step (I feel like this is some sort of confessional)......buying a glock. I got a Glock 17 on the blue label program and thought it was too good of a deal to pass up. Anyway, now to find some time to shoot it and maybe I can give the GSSF a try (assuming the boss(aka wife)) lets me.

Forget about GSSF, jump into USPSA. There are plenty of clubs in MO and KS, course you may have to wait for spring..... What you do is locate all the clubs on map, draw lines from each club to the next club, and where the lines intersect, move there!

http://www.uspsa.org/locate-uspsa-clubs-results.php

Dawson Precision Fiber Front Sight Plain Rear

Tarat Tactical Glock Grand Master 3.25lb Connector Kit

Blade-Tech DOH Holster

And in the future I'm going to see if I can extend the Mag Release and add a KKM or Wolf Barrel.

Is Tarat related to Taran? Use a OEM G21 mag release, it will be extended about 1mm

Glocks are good firearms. Sigs are good firearms, Brownings are good firearms, 1911's / 2011's are better than good guns, Grudgingly..Barettas (sp) are good guns (list in NOT exhaustive). As long as you stay with a good gun mfg you will be sufficiently pleased. I came from the old gun of the month club idea. Now I'm a, "Beware the man who owns but one gun for he probably knows how to use it". Glock 34's and 35's used to come with extended mag releases. They stopped doing that with the Gen 4's? Odd.