Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Quest for the Sub 3 El Prez

Jake Di Vita

You guys are correct, I never drop a mag in dry fire, hard on mags and wastes time.

Would you feel better if I did it and dropped a mag?

Trust me, I hit the button every time... :)

(I have worn out the mag button detents on two caspian mags dry firing...maybe the wear is inevitable)

Let's see what tomorrow brings.

SA

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck, anything under 9- 10 seconds for a Prez was thought to be hot shjt back in the 70's and early eighties. Things change and I welcome it.

I don't feel too too bad then. I'm fairly new and shot a 13 second run at an IDPA match from concealment with my 'limited' gun. God I need a range around here where I can set up something like this and run it a few (hundred) times. The indoor range isn't cutting it anymore.

This is what it might look like...

Dry fire 2.8

I did a bunch tonight at 2.8, with a not-so-great reaction time and finishing right on the par.

If I can better the reaction time, 2.6-7 will be doable dry, giving us a .3 cushion for live fire.

This will happen in the spring. :)

SA

Steve, dry fire drill racing is like magazine racing...you're dyno might show higher peaks than mine, but what are you doing on the street!?!?! I wanna see live fire baby!!!!

FWIW, I dry fire with full mags.......

Love ya Anderson :P:D:D

Trout,

It's the only way I know to rapidly improve until a few things happen:

a. Somebody gives me a million rounds of 7625 under a 125 zero in a supercomp case.

b. My wife agrees to live in a van on the range.

c. I become independently wealthy.

We can't all be as fast as you with little or no practice. :)

Seriously, I put that video up to show that the human body can accomplish the task... just to put that to rest.

SA

FWIW, I dry fire with full mags.......

You're probably doing this since a long time ago, however I must warn you that after repeated practices, the ammunition starts to deform, specially the bullet itself, from the constant hitting of the underside of the slide when inserting a mag.

Worst case scenario would be a failure to feed or perhaps even a loosely seated bullet.

Yep, I have bullets all over the floor from my dummy rounds falling apart over time.

I just make more. Bullet, case, no primer or powder. They stay in dedicated dry fire mags and get checked every time.

I dropped mags in the beginning, and just got tired of picking them up all night.

Flex,

I just asked her. No reply, just shook her head and rolled her eyes. I'm no expert in female communication (even after 10 yrs of wedded bliss) but I think that's not a good sign.

:)

SA

QUOTE (Duane Thomas @ Feb 4 2005, 10:06 PM)

"Nothing is so embarrassing as watching someone do something that you said couldn't be done."

- Lazarus Long via Robert Anson Heinlein

Now if we can just get that Fair Witness girl into her robes to certify the time.

Anne, right? I always thought it would be fun to get her out of it.

QUOTE (Duane Thomas @ Feb 4 2005, 10:06 PM)

"Nothing is so embarrassing as watching someone do something that you said couldn't be done."

- Lazarus Long via Robert Anson Heinlein

Now if we can just get that Fair Witness girl into her robes to certify the time.

Anne, right? I always thought it would be fun to get her out of it.

:D:wub::D

I did a 4.36 w/ 8-alphas & 4-charlies yesterday with my CZ-85. That's only 1.37 seconds away from winning this contest. :lol:

And yes Skipper, I was consistantly in the mid to high 4's with my hits (not always pretty ones though), how 'bout that. I guess there is something to be said for reaching for the stars, cause that was by far my best run ever and it was too cold out for my taste to boot. :P

Good luck guys.

turtle,

oh great...you're practicing. ;)

i hate to see you handicapping yourself by trying this with your production setup. i really think you should switch to open this year, as jake has...and stay there! and take sevigny and a few others with you. :lol:

52 pts in 4.36 seconds??? :o production???? :o:o

i think i'm reloading at 4.3 seconds....

I did a 4.36 w/ 8-alphas & 4-charlies yesterday with my CZ-85. That's only 1.37 seconds away from winning this contest. :lol:

And yes Skipper, I was consistantly in the mid to high 4's with my hits (not always pretty ones though), how 'bout that. I guess there is something to be said for reaching for the stars, cause that was by far my best run ever and it was too cold out for my taste to boot. :P

Good luck guys.

So I guess the new platform is to your liking? Thats an awesome run...

Tried a bunch on IDPA targets Sunday with a Springfield single-stack and Wally World Winchester .45 (makes 192 or something): times hovered around 5.25 or so. Best 4.94 and one 4.99. Best I can say about the hits is that they were on the paper! :)

It goes up to 7.5-ish or more shooting for the zeros...ugh.

I know BE says you can shoot A's as fast as you can shoot D's...I'm still trying to figure that one out...

- Gabe