Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

OK I'm going to go out on a limb here and make a few predictions

Biggest surprise shooter in Nationals.....(per Division)

Open...........Jake, Di Vita........Top5

Limited......... Lord ONLY knows but My $$$$$ is TT winning the whole 9 yds

L-10........... This Division is the Ghost Division it has several GREAT shooters but it is a toss up. My $$$$ on Doug Koenig (but remember they shoot with OPEN)

Production.......Matt or Angus gets within 5% of David if they don't get him

Revolver........Surprise shooter.......Mike Carmoney.......Top 5

and Division winners....

Open....... Max

Limited......Travis

L-10..........Doug

Production. TGO (just a hunch that he will shoot his XD)

REV...........MR. Miculek

Now lets here it, what do you think?

HOP

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think TGO will shoot Limited and Limited10 and win 'em both. I think he'll do the latter with a Single stack gun too.

I think an American shooter will win Open, but I don't know which!

Mr. Miculek will take revolver unless something weird happens and he doesn't get to shoot or finish the match.

"REV...........MR. Miculek"......Um yah think?

Not sure where he will place, but don't rule out Petros Millionis in production either.

I think you are probably right about Doug in L-10, but you never know.

Kind of like the saying in the NFL but changed for IPSC....Any given Match.

Leatham in Lim and L10 using his WS gun in both. TT will be nipping at his heals... even closer this year.

Eric over Max, but by a small margin. The rest of the field will be closer than in years past.

Dave S. over the rest, but with a smaller margin than in the past. I'm thinking Matt in 2nd followed by Angus.

Do I really need to predict Revolver?

dead buff, we have rules here; you can't mention a guys sweet new hawg leg unless you post pics.

My predictions (as if anyone cared):

This is like picking tri-fectas!!! Who shoots what division and places where!!! :P

OK so some of these are wishful thinking.

LIMITED / L10

TGO Lim & L10. Skiny gun in L10, just to show us he still can. WS gun in LIM, I heard second hand he is off the 6" thing.

TT, Strader, & Voight, & Manny close behind.

SmittyFL (Shannon Smith) repeats in top ten in LIM.

Jeff Gambrell makes top ten in L10.

OK, so now that the important ones are out of the way....

PRODUCTION:

Sevig, Mink, Angus, Petros. Who'd I leave out? Someone gets within 7% this time.

REV: Beyond the Ragin' Cajin I know nothing about Revo work.

OPEN:

I have to cheer for the Americans to take it back. I'm going with Max by a hair, over EG, and then Max by a little more at WS14.

Disclaimer:

I left out TJ. I spoke to him recently about an upcoming class, and I heard the fire. He'll be back strong this year. Honestly though I would love to see him come back in Open and beat EG in the Nats and WS. He's a threat in whatever division he shows up in, I am hoping LIM then OPEN but thinking he may go LIM / L10 or PROD / L10 for his sponsors.

And what about the Buuuuurner? There were hints of a comeback when I took his class this past June. That guy is so hungry I didn't want to reach for the salt at lunch!!! He's known for 1911 work, and yeah he "doubled" twice in 96 and 99, winning both LIM and OPEN. He's obviously a threat to win wherever he shows up. This guys is positively ravenous for a WS title, and in OPEN.

On the other hand he told us about all the training he's been doing with Glocks the last few years. Could he be the one to challenge the Sevig?

Sevig Glock

Burner GLock

TGO XD

TJ LDA

Damn, how would that be for a PROD race.

thanks grape ape. It is a sweet looking piece.

We have this huge guy down here, I started calling him Grape Ape. Of course he doesn't know a mid-70's cartoon or how to speak 'Mercan. So I tried to translate it. Yeah, Uva Mono just don't rolloff the toungue like Grape Ape.

Production? I would have to predict:

1) Todd Sindelar

2) Sevigny

3)Angus

4) Matt Mink

5)Petros

(or some combination close to that)

Limited?

1) Strader

2)TGO

3) Seeklander

4) Erik Lund

5)Manny

6)TT

7)Voight

Open?

EG, Tilley, Norris, Francisco, TJ, Bradshaw, Eric, Max & at least a 1/2 dozen others all have a shot though I can't predict the order.

I am sure I left out several contenders. Good to see the high level of competition going into 2005. Regards & DVC!,

Douglas

Thanks Hop...my goal was top 10, now I have to practice even MORE! ;)

As much respect as I have for the other Production shooters, I have to say that right now in Prod, Sevigny is totally untouchable.

Open, it's going to be between Max, Eric, and JJ.

Limited, TGO is definetely a favorite, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Phil or Travis upset.

Revolver, the question we should be asking is who will get 2nd? ;)

L10, absolutely no clue.

Sorry guys, but the only one that can beat TGO in Limited is Voigt. I love Phil to death... but unless he's REALLY practicing, it ain't gonna happen.

Hear that Phil - are you practicing yet?!?!?!?

Limited - Voigt

Limited 10 - TGO

Production - Sevigny

Open - JJ

Revovler - Miculek

I think after one year of getting acclimated to this new sport, I am going to make a run at winning the limited division at the nationals.

It's like me to win.....It's like me to win.....

A man has to have goals!

Dave

I think after one year of getting acclimated to this new sport, I am going to make a run at winning the limited division at the nationals.

A man has to have goals!

Dave

Dont you guys have drug screening? :D

You are quite welcome Jake !! ;)

Another Surprise shooter (not to us) will be David Littman in Limited, if he can get back on his foot and trust it I will say top 20 with a Master class score.

Now......

WHO WILL BE SECOND in revolver ????

We have our USUAL suspects....

Seeney, Waldinger, Walsh, Winters, Mainus

My prediction is not the same guy as the last two years (Sorry Pat) and only one of the top 5 will be from the top 4 of last year.

Jerry Miculek

Rudy Walinger

Cliff Walsh

?

Mike Carmoney

I deliberately left my name out as I will do as usuall, Pick the two highest match point stages of the match to crash and burn on. :angry:

And I will stick with Dough Koenig in L-10 even though Robbie will most likely shoot in it After shooting Production the 3 days before (and winning) ;)

Hopalong

Go get them sgtglock :rolleyes:

I deliberately left my name out as I will do as usuall, Pick the two highest match point stages of the match to crash and burn on. :angry:

Bad Sam, BAD BAD BAD. We don't allow self defeating prophecies here! You change that thought process right now, or I'll smack you silly every time I see you :wub:

Rob will win limited - he's the best iron sighted 1911 shooter to walk the earth. Nobody can touch him - we all knew that. That's why there was such a big push towards scopes in the old days.

EG in open - I have no evidence to say he won't win. Eric is like Tiger was in Golf. Soon people will catch up to him - but I doubt it is this year.

Dave in production - Matt I think you'll be close this year. Hope you upset Dave and win it all.

Lim-10 - probably Steve - but I don't know. Unfortunately I can't even remember the name of the guy who won last year.

Limited is the race - so many great shooters. It'll be the fun one to watch - but I stand by what (most) everybody is saying. Rob sucks to shoot against with iron sights on a 1911 frame. That's all there is to it.

JB

A man has to have goals!

Dave

Well, apparently Dave has read Lanny Bassham's book, "With Winning in Mind."

QUOTE (hopalong @ Jan 29 2005, 08:17 AM)

I deliberately left my name out as I will do as usuall, Pick the two highest match point stages of the match to crash and burn on.

Looks like Sam should too! :D

Yeah, you're right. I'm definitely going to practice this year. I've just picked up an ammo sponsor, and I'm sitting on 12k rounds of 40 to play with! I'm really excited. I'll still be using my normal load in matches, but it's nice to have practice ammo ready. Considering I shot 6,000 rounds last year TOTAL, it should be a big difference.

My predictions:

Open - Eric

2nd - Whoever has a good week. Toss up b/t Max, Chris, JJ, Saul, BJ, Rocket, etc, etc, etc...who knows, maybe I'll shoot Open! :lol:

Open Lady - Megan Madigan, if she keeps her head on straight. She's beating me and Rocket on stages now. Incredible.

Production - Odds on Dave, but Turtle has an ammo sponsor now, too! I think he's putting a lot of work into his practice...and he'll need it against my buddy Dave!

Limited - HMMM, I wonder! This is trully going to be a tough match. Rob obviously has the edge with his consistency. There are at least 8 shooters who could very well win it, but consistency is the key. The skill level in Limited is evenly divided among a large number of shooters: Rob, Mike, Taran, TT, Heatseeker, Manny, Blake, Todd, Lumber, Estuardo, and, of course, the dark horse that comes out of nowhere.

We'll just have to wait and see.

L10 - depends on who shoots it...and who has the best 3 days

Revolver - Why even ask?

Merlin,

I am actually 2/3 through a book titled:

MENTAL TOUGHNESS TRAINING FOR SPORTS... Achieving Athletic excellence.

By Jemes E. Loehr, Ed.D. Forward by Arthur Ashe.

Pretty good reading, can only read a little at a time and then digest that run it around in the head ect. then read some more.

Brian is not too far off from this book himself (comparing his book to this one).

And I do have Basshams book too, it is next on the list.... :wacko:

I will get to the point that I won't have to draw the gun or anything, the targets will just get all A's and the time will be "INCREDIBLE" :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

With all this reading and knowledge I can even quit practicing ;)

Sam