Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited v Limited Pro

Iggy42

Fair enough. :). I should t have said "in many ways" as the differences are actually pretty small and pretty subjective.

Yeah the da is still full of pre travel in my 2 shadows but the SA with a short reset disco has basically no pre travel now. For fast stuff I really like it.

At the moment I mostly shoot open anyway. And that's with a tanfoglio Eric gold custom v12. So i do love the tanfoglios. :)

Fair enough. :). I should t have said "in many ways" as the differences are actually pretty small and pretty subjective.

Yeah the da is still full of pre travel in my 2 shadows but the SA with a short reset disco has basically no pre travel now. For fast stuff I really like it.

At the moment I mostly shoot open anyway. And that's with a tanfoglio Eric gold custom v12. So i do love the tanfoglios. :)

I really like the looks of the open guns but I don't shoot open and not sure if I ever will. I would like to shoot one though.

Now the limited gun is one I could get behind if I hadn't bought a custom MCG-M2i limited gun. Although I could use one as a backup gun, hmmm....

I really like the looks of the open guns but I don't shoot open and not sure if I ever will. I would like to shoot one though.

Now the limited gun is one I could get behind if I hadn't bought a custom MCG-M2i limited gun. Although I could use one as a backup gun, hmmm....

I thoroughly love my V12. I've shot some custom open guns and won't deny that they're much nicer but for the price I couldn't be happier with getting an open gun with everything for somewhere around $2100-$2200 total give or take. I plan on shooting it more but I just love my Stock II even more, lol

oh and to throw a spanner in the works a CZ Tactical Sports in either 9mm (will be minor only in limited though) or 40 cal makes a good multi purpose USPSA limited/3gun pistol.

they are really nice shooting guns and the SA trigger on them is very nice right out of the box....

Yeah I have looked at them, and CZ Customs can do some amazing things with them. Unfortunately all the holsters need to be modified since there are no TS holsters. In the end not a huge deal, but something about taking a dremel to my DAA Racemaster to get it to fit gives me the willy's. Plus I am a huge stainless fan, so Tanfoglios just plain look better to me.

Its part as to why I was looking at a Limited Pro, since in the end its very close to a CZC TS minus the grip reduction. It is still on the table to a point, but I find that I keep coming back to Tanfos.

There are a few ts holsters. I just got a blade tech speed rig for my ts from midway for $21.

I like Blade Tech holsters, but mine cost sixty dollars as I remember. You got a hell of a deal!

Talk to Bob King for TS holsters :cheers:

Why, can he beat Midway's price?

What about the mechanical differences?

Cone barrel (Limted and Stock II) v not coned (Lim Pro)

That kind of stuff

I am somewhat attracted to the smaller safeties since in theory they would be less likely to be bumped off in a dump bucket in 3 Gun, but I haven't see a good comparison on them

Trying to figure out if the Tanfoglio route is right for me since I am not much of a tinker, or if I should just follow the herd and go the 2011 route. That said next Sat. I will be building my first AR so I am getting into that side of things, being my own smith that is.

For what it's worth, my Limited Pro came with the larger custom ambi safety. I swapped it out with a single sided extended safety so that it would fit in the IDPA box, and put the custom ambi safety on my Match that I use for USPSA Limited. I didn't think I would like the wider custom ambi safety at first, but it makes a nice leverage point for my strong hand thumb for a little bit of recoil control.

I went the Limited Pro in 40 route so i could shot it in IDPA as well as USPSA. I had to mill down the ambi safties and the bevertail to fit the IDPA box .Henning parts incllude straight

trigger and extended firifng pin. After 10 months ive got the itch for another .Not sure weather a Limited or a Gold Team in 40 .

So I came across and article where the author was detailing his experienced converting a 10mm Lim Pro to SAO and installing a Henning Flat trigger.

Some of the things I read were....troubling. While sadly the article was not dated, much to my dismay, I would like to know if there are any common problem that pop up for people doing a conversion to SAO and flat trigger install.

I admit I not a tinker type, more of a just want to shoot guy, but Tanfoglios just appeal to me so if I take this road I will have to learn. Would be nice to know what I can expect to run into if I take this on, and that will help me know what I will need in order to take the necessary steps.

Maybe for you Atlas, but for a guy like me with only minor mechanical skill and a VERY limited toolbox....

Here is the article in question: www.realguns.com/articles/621.htm

While I am at it, does anyone sell 140mm mags ready to go like Brazos does for 2011s? Not necessarily "tuned" mags like Brazos, but full and complete 140mm mags that fit the gauge.

Sidenote: I really wish when my office forced us to IE11 they would have set it to allow me to "quote" other posts and copy/paste :(

Edited by Iggy42

Here is the article in question: www.realguns.com/articles/621.htm

That's crazy that the trigger pin hole in that Limited Pro frame was smaller and excessively offset. I've got the Henning threaded trigger pin in my Match and Hunter frames (with the OEM SAO triggers) and didn't have to modify anything for fitment. I will say that the magazine well on my Limited Pro and Hunter frames were both poorly machined from the factory. They are both uneven from side to side, and didn't line up well with either a factory or Henning magwell. Hell, I couldn't even get the Henning magwell to go all the way on the Limited Pro frame. Can't really complain though, when you're spending $1200 or less for a gun that can compete with a $2500 STI 2011 out of the box. I've got three Tanfoglios and have probably spent less for all three and associated parts than I would have on a new stock hard chromed STI Edge. And that STI Edge is nowhere near as sexy as my three Italian supermodels! :)

Edited by BrazeauRacing

What about the mechanical differences?

Cone barrel (Limted and Stock II) v not coned (Lim Pro)

That kind of stuff

I am somewhat attracted to the smaller safeties since in theory they would be less likely to be bumped off in a dump bucket in 3 Gun, but I haven't see a good comparison on them

Trying to figure out if the Tanfoglio route is right for me since I am not much of a tinker, or if I should just follow the herd and go the 2011 route. That said next Sat. I will be building my first AR so I am getting into that side of things, being my own smith that is.

i think you will find no difference in accuracy between the cone barrel and pro barrel. Interestingly, the upper on my 9mm pro and the upper on my 9mm limited weigh almost the same , i was expecting the limited cone barrel upper to be substantially heavier.

safeties are easily chnged out to your preference

Edited by chuck s

The article was a bit harsh but he clearly got a bad frame. I do agree that for the money that henning should include the correct roll pin to fit the trigger to the trigger bow. That's a small but important part.

My stock 2 and my gold team/Eric custom both have nicely centered trigger pin holes and the henning magwell slid on and fit perfectly on the frame.

The pin hole in my limited was slightly offset. I opted to clearance the frame a scoshe. Not nearly as much as pictured in that article. The magwells fit my limited and stock 2 nicely as well. I opted to blend a little however, took slight amounts of material from the frame as the Magwell is a little bit bigger. Just makes a nice smooth transition. As far as 140mm mags ready to go, henning may have them ready to go if you call him, I have seen them advertised in his site, but never an option to buy the complete unit. I've never had an issue with buying the base pads, grams guts slapping them on the mag. They did fit the gauge if they were in there just right. I opted to take a small amount of material from the rear of the feed lips, .010" maybe. just to be certain the guy running the gauge didn't bump me to open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk