Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thumb safeties.

bockerSV

The safeties on my CZC Custom SP01 are much tighter than the safeties on my newer Accu-Shadow model. I would almost say the Accu-Shadow safeties "flop" around. I've had to learn get my thumb to ride the safety immediately upon drawing the pistol and then keep it there at all times. Gave me "fits" when I first got the Accu-Shadow but I've learned to live with it. I have no desire for the thin safeties anymore but there was a time when I would of paid double for them.

Judging from the two pistols side by side they took a bit too much steel off of my Accu-Shadow safeties.

Just got an ACCU shadow and I'm finding that the ambi safety on it is being engaged by my firing hand when I'm drawing. What safeties do you guys like? I know there's lots of options out there.

Trigger finger under one safety - thumb on top of the other. You should be disengaging the safety on the draw (if engaged when holstered) or holding it down (riding it) with your strong thumb.

^ That's what I'm having to reprogram my fingers to do. Now the only problem I have is when I'm shooting a particularly weird sideways prone position where I'm supporting a lot of upper body weight with my elbow, I end up with my thumb on the side if the safety instead of on top. I figured out real quick it doesn't take much side pressure to engage the safety just enough to confuse the hell out of my trigger finger.

I don't engage it when I holster because I drop the hammer ahead of time but my thumb is a touch too short to ride the safety from my natural shooting grip and my trigger finger is sitting just high enough to engage the right side safety into the first notch of the safety. If I can remove the right hand safety this will eliminate the problem but I'm not sure if that's possible or if I'll have to order a new one made that way.

Edited by bockerSV

I switched to the thin safeties and the SP01 safeties but Scott Perman had some higher force springs that also took care of the problem. If you are thinking about running it in 3 gun or for something that might need a little more safety manipulation, you might give them a try.

I had this problem I have meaty hands and was activating on the draw. Trust me I have 2 of these guns, suck it up and spring for the thin safeties. First of all it solves the activation problem, second you can actually get a better grip on the gun without that safety digging into your hand, you don't realize this until you get them. You have a very expensive production gun get the super thin rami style safeties you wont regret it. If you get the other ones there is no guarantee the same thing wont happen. Also when you fit them if you are slow are careful you can get them very tight so it would be very difficult to accidentally engage. Let me know if you want any pictures.

They require a little fitting you need to be confident you can do that or you will screw up a $80 part. If you can't detail disassemble the gun you may not want to try this but its really a simple process. Taking the safeties off is the first step in getting the rest of the internals out so you may need to learn this at some point. You will need to fit the spindle to the right side D hole and you will need to fit the tab to clear the sear as Stuart mentioned. You do this slowly with a little hobby file set. You need to take the minimum amount of metal off so its all tight this takes patience. Second set I did turned out better than the first one. Other side below.

post-54176-0-75116100-1413923472_thumb.j

post-54176-0-31666300-1413923479_thumb.j

Edited by inertia

Hi guys

A buddy of mine has a Shadowspo1 and his RHS safety keeps falling out. I have stripped the firearm and noticed nothing suspicious at all. The weapon has only had about 4000 rounds through it and is still like new. I did notice that only the LHS safety comes with a spring on the detent plunger and nothing on the RHS plunger. I followed up on youtube and see that that is correct. Do i just replace the RHS plunger and see what happens? Has anyone had this problem before?