Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Tactical Sport for Limited Mods

jc3257

CZ Custom has a fiber optic front sight that is for the factory rear. After shooting the factory sights a while I have come to appreciate the factory rear. A fiber optic front should be just the ticket. I don't know about you but for me shooting alphas fast calls for picking up the front sight fast so I opted for the wider fiber optic.

Edited by Bart Solo

In case anybody stumbles on this thread down the road, I just measured the Dawson .195T front sight and it's 7.2mm or .284" from bottom of the sight base to the top of the blade.

So, here's the cliff notes version (all measurements from bottom of sight base to top of blade):

Factory TS .40 front sight: 7.4mm (.291")

Dawson .195 T sight: 7.2mm (.284")

Dawson .215 T sight: 7.8mm (.308")

So, if you're shooting a bit high with the factory sight, go for the .215 Dawson.

If you're shooting low, go with the .195 Dawson. There doesn't seem to be a perfect match for the factory sight.

• 2 weeks later...

Do any of you who own tactical sports have the original safety laying around that they would like to sell?

I want to start a project and would like a backup just in case I screw it up.

Thanks

In case anybody stumbles on this thread down the road, I just measured the Dawson .195T front sight and it's 7.2mm or .284" from bottom of the sight base to the top of the blade.

So, here's the cliff notes version (all measurements from bottom of sight base to top of blade):

Factory TS .40 front sight: 7.4mm (.291")

Dawson .195 T sight: 7.2mm (.284")

Dawson .215 T sight: 7.8mm (.308")

So, if you're shooting a bit high with the factory sight, go for the .215 Dawson.

If you're shooting low, go with the .195 Dawson. There doesn't seem to be a perfect match for the factory sight.

Is the deminsions the same for TS 9MM?