9mm barrel in TS 40

mdschappell

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

All I changed was the barrel and mags. No extractor change was necessary.

Have you ever taken off the barrel and slide a 9mm cartridge into the extractor? I am fairly certain it won't hold it.

i haven't. but i have put around 1k through it without a single problem.

There is a pad at the sides of the breech face which needs to be filed to fit, I don't have a picture of a CZ barrel, but it in the same place as this EAA barrel so you get the idea:

IMG_5125_zps8e22bc95.jpg

I found a youtube video on the subject:

Edited by USAFA82

• 11 months later...

Just fitted my new barrel. The tips here and in a couple other posts have been invaluable. I got out to test fire and windage is correct, but elevation is about 3-4” high at 20 yds. Not having done this before, my question is... Is this to be expected? I thought it might mean I didn't file quite enough and the barrel is ever so slightly tilted. Knowing I can't put metal back and funding a new barrel hasn't been easy, I don't want to me up the one I have.

If this is normal, I suppose an adjustable rear sight is in order. That leads to a new front sight and I quite like how sturdy the factory rear is.

So, what do you think?

If the barrel locks up tight when in battery (doesn't move when you push down on the hood), I'd say just get another front sight. Use the calculator on the Dawson Precision website to figure out what size you need and let me know, I probably have what you need ;)

Thanks, kneelingatlas. I was thinking I could do that, but was hoping for a more "field expedient" method as it would be nice to just bring the .40 and 9mm mags to the range and swap between on occasion. Swapping the front sight back and forth with barrel changes isn't too big a deal, but does take a vice and some tools.

From my research, it looks like the factory sight height is 7.5mm, but the adjustables use 6.5mm. Do you know if the rear adjustable has enough adjustment to compensate for the 1mm difference? I'm thinking up is easy to get to the .40 POI, but I can only go down so far with that sight for the 9mm barrel.

BTW, thanks for your pictures and explanation on fitting the barrel. It took me about 45 min in my basement with my trusty red sharpie and some small files.

If all else fails, I will most certainly reach out regarding the front sight. Thanks!

Edited by Gussers