Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Clays minor load data for 125 and 147 needed

zhunter

Clays Clays right? The good stuff :devil: Not Universal Clays or International Clays

2.8gr with a 147 cast @ 1.10" got me 129pf

The only data I have for 124 is longish, but it works in my stock CZ chambers:

3.7gr with an Xtreme 124 @ 1.160" got 133pf

Use this data at your own risk, with extreme caution and most important of all: USE A CHRONOGRAPH :cheers:

Be VERY CAREFUL when loading below 3.0 grains of CLAYS. The large flakes will bridge and you can have poof instead of blam. Keep weight on the powder feeding down or put some type of vibrator on the powder measure. I thought it was bs but it happened to me as well......

DougC PS Titegroups is much better powder for both bullets and meters much better and is more accurate than CLAYS.....in my experience.

Be VERY CAREFUL when loading below 3.0 grains of CLAYS. The large flakes will bridge and you can have poof instead of blam. Keep weight on the powder feeding down or put some type of vibrator on the powder measure. I thought it was bs but it happened to me as well......

DougC PS Titegroups is much better powder for both bullets and meters much better and is more accurate than CLAYS.....in my experience.

Good info Doug

Does Titegroup shoot as soft and as clean as Clays?

Would a full powder measure container take care of the weight issue?

Edited by zhunter

I load as low as 2.5 gr of Clays. Trick is to attach an aquarium pump to the side of your powder thrower. Works great in a Dillon with the extra small charge bar.

Edited by Joe D