Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Unloading Benelli

I only shoot a handful of 3 gun matches each year, so I don't practice shotgun loading much. The local LEO's run a benefit match every year that is a hoot to shoot and coming in 10 days. I want to put in some loading practice before the match. Loading practice isn't the problem, it's getting the practice rounds out afterwords. Is there a fast way to get the rounds out of my Benelli SBE quickly, so I can spend more time loading and less time unloading?

I have the front of the tube removed and follower and springs out. I am usually not worried about the spring tension in practice when I am working on dry fire practice loading.

I do the same thing. They fall out and I throw em back in.

Taking the spring/follower out doesn't really give you the same feel as loading up the tube with them in. I tried it. I just do like Gondo does and push in the shell stop and pop them out.

Just hold the Shell release button and rack the bolt. If you find something simpler let me know I"m in the same boat.

See you at the Robert Libke match hopefully.

http://vid95.photobucket.com/albums/l138/pairadiceboyz/Shellextraction_zps4b776809.mp4

this method can and will pound the p!ss out of your shell latch. Not to mention the safety issue of chambering every round you want to unload.

If you just load four shells and unload, its not too bad, but dont make it a habit to through `12 rdss in your tube and just cycle it empty

imo, fyi.

yes reach up through the loading port with your right thumb and push on the shell stop and you can let them out easily

This. Turn the gun upside down. Depress the lifter. At the same time, push on the shell catch hard. I push the shell catch with my right index finger (gun upside down under my right armpit) and put my left thumb on the shells as they come out to keep from pinching anthing. Once you get the technique down it's simple.

yes reach up through the loading port with your right thumb and push on the shell stop and you can let them out easily

This. Turn the gun upside down. Depress the lifter. At the same time, push on the shell catch hard. I push the shell catch with my right index finger (gun upside down under my right armpit) and put my left thumb on the shells as they come out to keep from pinching anthing. Once you get the technique down it's simple.

What Andrew said.

Even if you use dummy rounds for practice, constantly chambering and ejecting them will tear them up. Most of my first batch of dummies don't even like to stay in the mag tube anymore. I switched to ejecting them out the bottom just like gondo and amccallister said. I turn the gun over under my right armpit, run the right thumb down onto the carrier and up along the shell catch, and at the same time I get my left thumb in there to wiggle the shell rim away from the latch. That seems to make them pop out a lot easier...

Edited by CJW

I only shoot a handful of 3 gun matches each year, so I don't practice shotgun loading much. The local LEO's run a benefit match every year that is a hoot to shoot and coming in 10 days. I want to put in some loading practice before the match. Loading practice isn't the problem, it's getting the practice rounds out afterwords. Is there a fast way to get the rounds out of my Benelli SBE quickly, so I can spend more time loading and less time unloading?

Is there a fast way to get the rounds out of my Benelli SBE quickly, so I can spend more time loading and less time unloading?

Edited by phidelt208

Is there a fast way to get the rounds out of my Benelli SBE quickly, so I can spend more time loading and less time unloading?

See post #9 above

• 1 month later...

If you are running a metal extended bolt release. You can hold your shotgun upside down like Andrew said in post number 9 but instead of just pushing in on the shell catch. Pull out a little on the bolt release button and it will release all the shells from the tube.