Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brass Sorter

ES13Raven

I've used those a couple times, but never bought them. I just sort the (up to) several hundred cases immediately after my range time. And I just go thru them by hand. It takes maybe 15-30 minutes.

Hope that helps.

I consider them one of the best investments I've made. I use them after every range trip because while I'm shooting Mrs. Jones tends to wander around the range collecting brass so we come home with everything from .45 ACP to .380.

I was always hesitant because they seem way over priced. However, I couldn't take the time to sort through 5 gal buckets full of stuff anymore and broke down and bought some a few years ago. I can say now, they are hands down a must if you retain or get large amounts of brass. They work very well and speed the process exponentially. I highly recommend them!

Very happy with my purchase, they work well and worth every penny.... in my mind.

I usually do a 5 gallon bucket, much faster than if done by hand. I wear a pair of gloves and separate the stuck cases when I see them (.380 tray seems a little outrageously priced, but it's value can only be determined by the person reloading). Loading a fair amount of 9mm I've always found .380 cases super annoying.

~g

Very pleased with mine. I work PT at an indoor range the .380 tray might not work as well as the three plastic trays but saves a lot of time.

Loading 9mm after going through the shell sorter. I'll place two plastic insert trays that come in factory ammo in a box. The factory trays with the square

pockets work best, pour brass into the factory trays shaking the box lightly most will fall base down. Look into the cases for any reason to trash the brass.

Chigger bite ( cups on the case mouth ) trash in the case berdan primer pockets etc. Use the third box like a primer flip tray and inspect the bases.

I load on either 550 or 650 press no swagger. So trash any cases that are swagged or military. Military cases have a smaller case volume that standard cases. Look at the side of the tray .380. 38 Super are easy to spot and remove. Also works well to get .357 Sig out of 40 S@W. .357 out of 38 Special, separate

small primed 45acp from large primed cases.

A little time spent here makes the whole loading process easier.

Yes the shell sorter plates are worth the money.