Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Missouri Bullet Company

jclap86

I have loaded about 1000 of them in 45 and have nothing but good things to say about them, but haven't tried them in 40. Great prices and about the fastest shipping I've ever seen if what you want is in stock.

I shot a few hundred 5 years ago but couldn't get past the smoke of pure lead. Great bullets that would be awesome if they started coating them

Time for you to check their website again. They now offer Hy-Tek coated on some of their products. I just ordered a sample bag of the 9mm 125gr SWC, and a sample bag of .45 200gr SWC, placed the order late Tuesday afternoon and they showed up Thursday morning. Ive never ordered from them before but if I like the results, especially with the 9mm I certainly will again. They dont offer Hy-Tek on all their products yet but I imagine if the demand is there they would.

BTW, theirs are a dark copper color, almost brown. Not the "prettiest" color in the world if that matters to anyone.

I have loaded about 1000 of them in .40 They worked great and a good price...but like others have mentioned...I couldn't get past the smoke. I normally shoot at indoor ranges and the smoke was just too much.

Shot tons of them. Great folks to deal with. Good prices too. Just make sure to chamber guage them before trying to shoot a match. I do have about a 5-10% fail rate. They will still chamber and shoot but you can't clear. Too tight in the chamber.

Edited by captain037

I loaded 1000 of them in 9mm and didn't like them--I had to load them too short (at least by loading manual standards) to get them to chamber properly. They shot amazingly though, very accurate. I would be willing to give the new coated bullets another try, in either .40 or 9mm.

Not trying to flame ,but Missouri Bullet bullets are not pure lead ,They are an alloy!

That being said I have shot their:

45 ACP

200gr SW

200gr RNFP

9mm

147 gr FP

And have had nothing but good results with them, no leading what so ever! In either caliber I am not shooting any major PF with either one 9mm I'm shooting around 130PF .

Yes ,they are a little smoky ,But as I shoot outdoors, Not a problem!

Jeff

Edited by ghost21