Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grand Power in the US: best time to purchase?

I already have my springer precision base pads.

They fit properly on the current magazine, the one with the red follower?

Their site only mentions K100/GP6, not X-Calibur.

It also seems their grip tape is for the standard back strap only, which is identical to the one on the GP6.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Geeko RSA is them

I did read some where that RSA is another entity of Eagle Imports. Just was not sure of the actual stamping RSA vs Eagle on the P45.

Are you able to tell me if there is a SKU for the P45 with the dynamic rear and fiber front I see in all the distributors photos verse a three dot sight system I saw stamp with RSA? I prefer the fiber front and dynamic rear. I have the fiber on all my other GP's (MK6&MK7) and well as the dynamic on some. However, DawsonPrecision does not have the dynamic anymore.

The magazines are identical, old 15 round 9mm mags are the same as the current mags shipped with the Xcalibur. I bought some mags from Century and Apex Inc in CO, listed as K100 magazines, they are the same from both sources, and exactly the same as the two shipped with my new gun.

The Springer base pads fit them perfectly.

post-38157-0-78235600-1421271740_thumb.j

The magazines are identical, old 15 round 9mm mags are the same as the current mags shipped with the Xcalibur. I bought some mags from Century and Apex Inc in CO, listed as K100 magazines, they are the same from both sources, and exactly the same as the two shipped with my new gun.

The Springer base pads fit them perfectly.

True that, hence my question. But they are the same as CZ mags as well. I am wondering why these base pads are marketed differently... Is it adapted to the magwell?

Springer modifies the otherwise 'CZ' base pad by drilling the retaining pin hole larger.

I suppose if you already had CZ base pads, you could use cz retaining plates on the GP mag body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springer does not do the backstraps on any gun. So it should fit. I am waiting on mine I'll post more once it shows.

Scott Springer had one of my mags to test. I sent it to him.

Edited by Kingman

It is true that the pin is larger. I had bought some pads from CZ Customs and I had to use my 1/4" drill bill in the press to make it fit.

That said the pads were slighly too thick and prevented the magazine from engaging all the way in some cases. It really depended on the magazine.

Which is why I am asking if they specifically work with the current magazines, the ones with the red follower.

I noticed Bud's has all the GP's in stock now. Except X-Cals. But it's nice to see that a big online retailer has them...and see what a 'good' price on these guns really is. They're better than I thought they would be: About 500 for a K100, a little under 7 for an X-trim. $650 on a P45, which is $170 under list. (K100 would be 120 under list).

Hot cakes, I'm telling you.

I am considering shooting it in production, even if it is not on the list. If someone complains, have them snitch.

Any idea when uspsa will read it's deciding?

I read somewhere that DNROI would be reviewing them at SHOT... somewhere on one of these threads.

I'm curious...what is the USPSA's stand on generational changes? Did Glock guys have to stick to gen3's until gen4's were added to the list?

The GP listing is a bit odd..."K100 DAO (29 oz.), K100 Mk7 9mm 4.25 barrell[sic] (28.92 oz.), K100MK6 (29 oz.), P1 (29 oz.)"

One gun doesn't specify generation; so could someone be told they can't currently use a mk12 K100? Would they be allowed a mk12 P1?

Again, just a curiosity. One wonders why USPSA even feels the need to keep their own exclusive list, really...doesn't any IPSC-approved gun meet the same specs the USPSA uses?

Edited by phucheneh

I shot a GP6 then a K100 mk7 and not once did anyone challenge me. I think the only challenge would come from the initiative of a production shooter. Although they are the biggest trash talkers, I dont think a fellow production shooter cares to know if your GP is mk7 or mk12.

My understanding is that as far as generational changes go, it's generally not a problem. The biggest issue if it was not, is the requirement of 2000 production guns. That said, by the time we managed to navigate ATF and State Department paperwork to bring in a differently marked model, we would likely have sold well over that number.....

Where can you buy extra mags. I am tempted to buy the x caibur when it becomes available.

I purchased from APEX Gun Parts https://apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/products_id/4237

Century was also selling new old-stock from when they were primary importers. Not sure if they still have them in stock, but they're a pain in the butt to work with anyways.

Even though they say K100 and GP6, they're identical to the mags that shipped with my new Xcalibur.