Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

muzzle brake

I haven't tested them all but researched before it purchased.

Thunder and Titan are the best but ATC is very close (or better. See below) and not as loud. Shurefire is less effective than these. I think the Miculek is better than the Shurefire but maybe not quite as effective as the Thunder or Titan. Patrick Kelly has an older article that compares many of the last generation of comps.

Edited by alma

Had a RT on my rifle from day one. Picked up a Seekins for cheap and tested them side by side. Doubles were much tighter with the Seekins. Return to original POA is phenomenal. My rifle wears a Seekins now. Another positive thing is the seekins is much less concussive for shooter and ROs.

Biggest downfall of the RT was the amount of carbon buildup on the crown in a short amount of time. It was a deal breaker for me.

Would like to try the new Gas Hog from Carbon Arms though.

Edited by LoganbillJ

Admittedly it's a matter of personal opinion, but, if it isn't, what in your opinion is the best ??

I think he already stated his preference in post #2 above and for what it's worth you can add me to the list of Seekins Precision ATC fans. :cheers:

Low concussion, effective, lightweight, designed with an understanding of high temp, high pressure has flow... There are three... Seekins, Dynamic Resistance, and the Gas Hog. The Miculek is very good, but very concussive. After testing and modeling I have those 4 on guns for slight differences, got rid of the others.

Some of the others foul too fast, some affect POI, some just are not effective enough at keeping the sight picture where it needs to be.

After running heavy for a while, most of the 223 breaks stack rounds about the same for me. I do particularly like the Seekins, PRI an DR. There are so many good ones out there in 223 that it really does come down to preference. My 20" JP15 is the best shooting 223 I've ever run and it has the stock Cooley on it. A Ross Schuller brake works awesome and will only set you back $50.

I ran the new JEC over the weekend.. it is a VERY nice brake and not concussive...

very impressed

I see why it is popular in the Precision Rifle series

http://precisionrifleblog.com/2014/01/18/best-muzzle-brake-and-rifle-suppressor/

Ran my Templar Nemesis30 can on it as well and was hitting 8" plates at 300 with and without can..

APA made their Gen II Little Bastard specifically for the 3G crowd. Although it's side ported, it doesn't need any timing or crush washers. They made 1/2 and 5/8 varieties. Fit and finish is good on my rifle.