Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1301 which kick off

There's another thread that has this, I think the 1301 comp thread -- there are two kick off systems. One is what you see with the 391, where the butt pad has the dampener, the other is like the x400 extreme where the rear half of the stock including the cheekrest is dampened.

My local gun store does a lot of Berretas - they were able to order the A400 Xtreme stock with mega-kick off. I think that has suggested retail $450, and I was able to get under $400.

Does the mega really take enough recoil away to justify the price? My wife has a 1301 w limbsaver and she runs it very well in competition but if I can reduce recoil even more to speed up splits, I'm all for it

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Does the mega really take enough recoil away to justify the price? My wife has a 1301 w limbsaver and she runs it very well in competition but if I can reduce recoil even more to speed up splits, I'm all for it

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I don't know, I can try it side by side at some point vs. one with just a limbsaver, maybe next week. What would a normal load be that your wife shoots, I see if I can time some splits.

What I wish I had done, but timing wise couldn't, is compare it side by side with a Benelli M2 that had the comfortech stock. But I sold that before getting these. (Just wanted to keep everything beretta - also have a400 xplor action with kick-off for other fun). But I bet its more in the ball park of the M2/Comfortech, then with just limbsaver, so if someone in your club has that, maybe your wife could side by side her setup against that to see regarding her splits.

I don't notice a ton of difference with the 391 absorber with low brass birdshot but do with slugs, even low recoil. My story about that is the unit is not particullarly complex with single rate springs which I imagine are designed to compress under the recoil of big boy loads, so are a bit to stiff to do much much with our gamer birdshot. I've got no experience with the mid-stock unit.

I have a 1301 and A400 Xtreme. I am planning on swapping the stock between the two and from what I could find, A400 receivers used here will only fit their specific stock.

My shotgun is still getting worked on, so I guess I won't really have time to test this until next year, but that is what I know.

Price has come down as they were $650 at one time.

I would have not needed it, but with buckshots and slugs being more integrated, I need some recoil reduction now.

Edited by Solidgun

Neomet - isn't there also hydraulic dampers ?

Yep, but I think what would help with low brass loads are variable rate springs. If you spring something for heavy loads only it makes them essentially rigid for light loads.

I have a 1301 and A400 Xtreme. I am planning on swapping the stock between the two and from what I could find, A400 receivers used here will only fit their specific stock.

My shotgun is still getting worked on, so I guess I won't really have time to test this until next year, but that is what I know.

Price has come down as they were $650 at one time.

I would have not needed it, but with buckshots and slugs being more integrated, I need some recoil reduction now.

Are you saying you can swap or you can't? I thought from the 1301 thread I read that you could exchange stocks between 1301 and any of the a400s, that they were basically the same receivers, and that you could even swap barrels if you wanted. Did I mis-understand?

I am with you. I get confused too. there is to much going on on that thread so that is why I have started this one. can I take a 390,391 kick off and put it into my stock? can I put a a400 stock with kick off on my gun? that is the questions.

by the way it looks to me yes you can. I am not willing to invest the money to find out. it is bad enough I cant get a sight rail for under 65 dollars.

The a400 mega kick off stock will fit (just bolts on) the 1301- I have one installed and have been using it. It helps a lot with slugs and buckshot loads and with some of the high brass federal hunting loads with 7.5 shot that go 1400 to 1500 fps.

The best stock for recoil reduction is the mega kick off vs the one that fits into the end of the buttstock.

my mega kick off came from the factory marked for the a400, so I would assume that the a400 and 1301 receivers in the back where the buttstock attaches are the same.

as for barrels I've been told no by Beretta,

as for 390/391 I can't say as I don't own either and am not familiar with them at all.

As for the other kick off I don't know as I have the mega kickoff.

also "basically the same" does not mean the same so thats why I answered the stock question the way I did, from where the stock attaches they seem to accept the same parts, beyond the stock attachment point your on your own to figure that one out.

Trapr

Does the KO for the A400 add any length? One thing I like about the 1301 vs the VM and SLPs I've shot is the smaller LOP. I don't really want to gain anything back in that department.

• 4 weeks later...

well I finally got my hands on one and installed it last Friday and man this thing is worth every penny. be it slugs or target load it made a hech of a difference. and I am not just saying it because it is in my head. I also had friends shot the gun a few weeks ago and than the also shot it Friday and I didn't tell them that I installed it. everytime someone tried it they asked if I had modified the gun. so is it worth the cost that is your call. I don't think it should cost this much but heck I am sure glad I bought it anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

I went the cheap route and installed a "kickeeze" pad which tones it way down and allowed me to use only one spacer which looks a lot better. I just couldnt pony up the $400 ...

Was the Kickeeze a grind to fit ? Or already sized correctly and just screw it on? If already fit , which Pad Model# is it?

It was drop in. I used the KZ 109 and the thin spacer. It did require two washers on the stock screws and some double stick tape as the Kick EEze does not have the sculpted fit like the stock one.

3F10AB97-C3B8-41FE-B27F-105CF7FA8B90_zps

Edited by dogtired