Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone shooting 40 minor with a Stock 2?

basman

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

same here.

Just tested some 165gr bullets last night. I think I will switch to them for minor.

Nice man, looking good

Very nice.

It's hard to see the gun in that video, are you getting less recoil with the 165's? better sight tracking?

I was tempted to order some 155's to try but want to settle on the 180 load first.

Yea, bad camera angle, sorry. It seems snappier and that I can get back on target faster. The 180 is a little floppy feeling, although dead soft. I have POV video from a classifier match today so I'll compared recoil impulse side by side. Maybe slow-mo.

I'm thinking about doing this with a limited pro in .40 minor. The idea being I could use it for USPSA production and IDPA ESP.

Would the mags be interchangeable between the elite limited and the limited pro?

Edited by 3djedi

Ibejiheads does have a 140 grain .40 listed on their website...and at the price listed it's as economical as 9mm. Looks like a hockey puck - no idea how stable that would fly through the air...

same here.

Just tested some 165gr bullets last night. I think I will switch to them for minor.

Nice man, looking good

Very nice.

It's hard to see the gun in that video, are you getting less recoil with the 165's? better sight tracking?

I was tempted to order some 155's to try but want to settle on the 180 load first.

I found out today the load I was shooting with teh 165s makes about 145pf compared to 129 pf for the 180 load I was using. And I still like the 165s better. I just need to dial it back a few tenths.

Thinking I'm going to try some 165's. After some regular practice with the 180's @ 130pf, moving targets are requiring considerable lead compared to what I'm used to in my limited gun and 3gun 9mm stuff. The 180's are averaging 170-200fps slower than my other loads.

I'm thinking about doing this with a limited pro in .40 minor. The idea being I could use it for USPSA production and IDPA ESP.

Would the mags be interchangeable between the elite limited and the limited pro?

Yes , I have both and they are interchangeable.

Sean

• 2 weeks later...

Extreme 180gr plated 3.2gr Bullseye. Softer than 147gr over TiteGroup. For moving targets I would go to 9mm for the velocity advantage. No recoil advantage in using 40 past 850fps.

You may also find that 147gr at 950fps has less drop at 35-50yd targets.

Edited by AlphaSeeker

• 3 months later...

I found out today the load I was shooting with teh 165s makes about 145pf compared to 129 pf for the 180 load I was using. And I still like the 165s better. I just need to dial it back a few tenths.

Still shooting the 165's instead of the 180?

I bounce back and forth enough now that I don't think it really matters. The 180s are ultimately a tiny bit softer but the 165s have a snappier feel.

I went back and tested some new 165s again but again used a couple tenths too much powder and ended up at about 145pf.

10846019_10152849518254284_6641555345283

Edited by waktasz

• 1 month later...

$869 and $900 are good prices .

There's a 9mm Limited on GunBroker right now and the guy wants $1399.00

Seems like the prices are going up. Or maybe it's just one person trying to shoot for the moon.

Edited by gunnit

The prices for the Limited or Stock Tanfo's in .40 or 10mm seem to have leveled off, they are currently around.

It's just the 9mm that everyone wants for either Production or even some are using in 3 gun now.

Eventually the shipments will catch up with demand. Whenever that is.

• 4 weeks later...